Connect multiple network to a single NIC (VLAN?)

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
vlan12ports=2
vlan0ports=0 5*
vlan13ports=1
vlan11ports=3
vlan1ports=4 5

Vlan 11, 12 and 13 will not be able to communicate with the router as the processor at port 5 is not included in the vlan.

This is correct:

Code:
nvram set vlan12ports="2 5"
nvram set vlan0ports="0 5*"
nvram set vlan13ports="1 5"
nvram set vlan11ports="3 5"
nvram set vlan1ports="4 5"
Sponsor
jzl416
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thxs, I just reset to default, and I'm about to try it out. in fact I tried to do it last morning but the connection failed in between and I kinda forced it trought ( hard reset and half of the vlans where put baut since I just had 20 mins to do it ). Anyhow now I have 10 hour left to work on that so I try it out ( plus I printed myself the switched ports wiki and wrote down some data wich does look a lot like yours ( Yngve Berg ) so it goes like this
vlan0 = 4 5
vlan1 = 0 5*
vlan11= 3 5
vlan12= 2 5
vlan13= 1 5
port0vlans= 1
port1vlans= 11 18 19
port2vlans= 12 18 19
port3vlans= 13 18 19
port4vlans= 0
port5vlans= 0 1 11 12 13 16

but still I'd like to know if the is a way to make bridges over ssh, or if someone know where I could find a tutorial, ( I really looked for one, wich made me stumble over the switched turo ) but I can't find some. is it because we simply can't?

Anyhow many thxs yet to both of you guys. you are really helping me out ! Smile

Edit: It's not working ... I think I'm going to far out with this so I will recap so you guys could tell me if we are going off what I really want compared to the means I use to acheive it :S

port0, port4 and eth1 can connect to port3, port2, port1 but port3 cannot connect to port2 and port1; port2 cannot connect to port3 and port1; port1 cannot connect to port2 and port3

I had to hard reset again because I could not connect plus I'm not sure I apply routing correctly ( I thought routing was from point A to point B but now I think it's more like cpu to A, cpu to B.... then again I'm no cisco OP.

Lastly, I forgot to say two things
1- I have no control over the 3 networks I'm trying to connect to ( I'm not net admin )
2- every host (orange computer) will be set in static IP at the windows level ( with multiple IP per NIC ) but maybe I shoudn't and leave the blu network give me an IP then just route data towards the right network ? I really don't know and this is really getting hardcore ..... just to isolate 3 ethernet cables from one another throught a router...

I am getting something wrong ...
jzl416
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
So let's start fresh with this post you will note a picture of what was done since the beginning.

basic, simple, nearly 0 configuration

but theres one problem, I can't physicly connect the blue network because it sends to much noise over the other two networks

So this is what I made since the beggining, a router connecting 2 networks together (hopefully 3) and 1 computer so that the said computer as a strait acces to the other two networks, it runs great and rarely fails since there is no internet connection.

now I really want to connect our 3rd (blue) network but I can't since it's strait with the ProgrammbleLogicController and IndustrialPersonalComputer. Now I know that I can block off comm between the red,green,blue network with DDWRT the problem is I think I wrongly implement it.

hopefully this will help you guy maybe help me Sad

and since I don't think it's a function that a lot of people use, there are no real tutorial for this... I think so, I will make one because, 1 st I used DDWRT for a good 10 years now ( not as much as some people here obviusly ) and I feel this could help others with the rise of networking (wether it's in factories or at home)

Anyhow, Good evening everyone
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which port is the Host PC connected to?

You can use a tagged trunk. Put a time after the port number.
jzl416
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's on the wan or lan 4 or WLAN

I thought trunk ports were for switch to switch or router

Btw thé three networks on thé right are lan1, lan2, lan3
jzl416
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
back at work I just tried out to tag the port for the host ( wan port ).

Still not working, now, there are a couple of question roaming my head.

- So I do all my vlans throught ssh, and link the to the port 5, do I have to connect them trough a bridge or static routing ?

- When I set-up my ports whit the SSH I used :
0 = port4
1 = port3
2 = port2
3 = port1
4 = WAN
5 = CPU internal
5* =CPU internal default

but on the router SSH it show up as :
vlan0ports=0 5*
vlan1ports=4t 5
vlan11ports=3 5
vlan12ports=2 5
vlan13ports=1 5
GUI ------>
wan port on vlan0
port1 on vlan13
port2 on vlan12
port3 on vlan11
port4 on vlan1

I have a WRT54GL and it sais precicly on that switched ports tuto that it as inverted ports compared to the WRT54G/WRT54GS

so this could be a problem too but I swapped the port3 and port1 physicly and it did not connect.

plus I was wondering, If a make a static route and my vlan is unbridged, do I point to the lan, do I show the gateway as the the Vlan IP ? or do I just point to the destination lan I.E. X.X.X.0 ?

anyhow thanks for following Smile
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is no point in tagging the vlan if only one vlan is present in the port.

Did you also enable 802.1q on the machine connected to the trunk port?

Do not make static routes to networks directly connected to the router. The router already knows about them.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: