Bricked / recovered WHR-300HP2 unit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 22:13    Post subject: Bricked / recovered WHR-300HP2 unit. Reply with quote
27453 soft bricked WHR-300HP2 router...when booted it would hang...white screen no GUI.
It would allow me to telnet in...typed

mtd erase nvram
reboot - then log back in.
nvram set http_passwd=""

Rebooted router...set static IP on computer to 192.168.1.1 and 255.255.255.0 for mask.
then typed

192.168.1.1/Upgrade.asp

in the web browser. It did not ask for a password and gave me the upgrade FW gui page. At that point I reverted back to an older build (in my case 27378)

Let it boot up and reconfigure from scratch or load nvram backup from known good backup.

redhawk

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

Couple of months ago I decided to flash my WHR-300HP2-EU with DD-WRT. I didn't work out well and I think it got bricked. Now, I decided to give it a final try.
I used 11-25-2015-r28320 build. I remember that before flashing I did 30/30/30 hard reset. Then via web interface I uploaded *webflash.bin file. Everything seemed to be OK. I waited for some time and then did another 30/30/30 hard reset. After that I was able to login via web interface and configure, but WAN connection wasn't working. Then I tried to upload firmware-eu.bin. Hard reset again afterwards. When it didn't help I tried to upload *webflash.bin file. Finally, I gave up and only now I want to try to fix it.
I read many posts and tried all possible solutions, but none of them worked out. At the moment Router led gets amber and then goes off. Sometimes Wifi led comes on, but then it goes off like the Router led. I can see dd-rwt network, but I'm not able to connect to it. It disappears and appears again. Looks like the device is constantly rebooting.
I can ping 192.168.11.1, but sometimes it tells that "Destination host unreachable". WHR-300HP2 is in "Auto" position, don't know if it makes any difference. Firewall is disabled.
I tried all these commands:
arp -s 192.168.11.1 *MAC*
netsh interface ipv4 add neighbors 16 192.168.11.1 *MAC*
tftp -i 192.168.11.1 put *file*
telnet 192.168.11.1
TFTP and Telnet get timeouts.
Is it still possible to restore it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: