Adding Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-Outdoor+ to existing network

Mwebby1972
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:49    Post subject: Adding Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-Outdoor+ to existing network Reply with quote
Hi All.

I am new to this and currently have one network up and running.
I have netgear router running dd-wrt and one access point by tp-link. Its working fine. Love the dd-wrt software!

I am going to upgrade the access points as we now need outdoor coverage. The site is a farm open as an attraction.

My question is can i add 2 x Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-Outdoor+ to the existing router and using the Ubiquiti software on the network able to attach them to the network and it just work?
If not, can you suggest an access point that will sub £130? Looking for around 100+ meters of coverage.

I feel i am not experienced enought to flash the access point with dd-wrt and would rather use the firmware installed.

Also using my current router/software am i able to employ seamless transfer between access points?

I am also going to install a further 2 indoor antenna in the weeks to come and i am hoping these will be Ubiquiti also.

I am praying they all work seamlessly without me having to change the router as i am on a time scale on site.

Any advice would be great for a noob like me.

Thanks in advance.

Martin
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: