VAP Authentication failing/ASUS RT-N66U

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
habitoti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 17:35    Post subject: VAP Authentication failing/ASUS RT-N66U Reply with quote
Hi,

I have an ASUS RT-N66U running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/04/15) mega - build 26138M. I have a 2.4GHz and 5 GHz AP authenticating with WPA2 Pers./AES plus a virtual AP with no authentication and bridged to a VLAN that's isolated and controlled by a Sophos UTM FW implementing a guest hotspot with a daily PW policy for this subnet. This all works great so far.
Now I need a second VAP mapped to a third separated subnet. This, however, only works as long as I disable authentication for this second VAP. For the life of me I can't get it working with WPA2 Pers./AES. However the devices I need to connect here do only work with this type of authentication. They cannot connect to an open network (which I don't want anyway), nor can they do simple WEP. Browsing through the forums I have only found very old comments on similar issues, which didn't render a consistent picture on the issue (at least to me...).
Looking through the changelists of newer builds I haven't found anything particularly promising to address such an issue, but then I am no expert here...so if anyone could point me to a solution --if existing at all -- this would make my day!

BTW: I studied the "Multiple WLAN" Wiki, but can't see anything relating to me here, especially since I am already using bridged mode (to connect the VAPs to VLANs).

Thanks, habitoti
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: