help-Netgear WNDR4000 - [SOLVED!]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Huskerfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 18:04    Post subject: help-Netgear WNDR4000 - [SOLVED!] Reply with quote
Netgear WNDR4000
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/19/12) big

I'm trying to hook up a DVR that records some cameras around my house. I'd like to broadcast the cameras over the net.

I have the subnet mask correct (it's 255.255.255.0)
I have the local ip correct (it's 192.168.001.001)
The only other setting is the internal ip and it's 192.168.001.xxx with port xxxx

I can ping the internal ip from another computer and it checks out ok. I also have the port range forwarding set to the correct port but I can't even recognize this ip through my router.

It's funny that it pings but isn't listed in my client list on my router????
Can anyone offer suggestions?
Thanks a lot! I've spent hours on this already!
Sponsor
Huskerfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:08    Post subject: anyone? Reply with quote
bump
Huskerfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 15:05    Post subject: Re: help-Netgear WNDR4000 Reply with quote
Huskerfan wrote:
Netgear WNDR4000

I'm trying to hook up a DVR that records some cameras around my house. I'd like to broadcast the cameras over the net.

The only other setting is the internal ip and it's 192.168.001.xxx with port xxxx

I can ping the internal ip from another computer and it checks out ok. I also have the port range forwarding set to the correct port but I can't even recognize this ip through my router.

I guess the main question is:
Why can I ping this device but it's not showing up on my client list?
tomtcom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 0:20    Post subject: Re: help-Netgear WNDR4000 Reply with quote
Huskerfan wrote:
Huskerfan wrote:
Netgear WNDR4000

I have a night owl security camera system. What do you have?

I haven't loaded dd-wrt yet but this type of device wont always show in the client list. First, generate as much traffic to the dvr system as you can. Some tcp settings like on android time out relatively quick and they close their connections causing the device to not appear in the client list like you would expect.

On my old dd-wrt router I had to edit the host file on the dd-wrt software by telnetting. Problem was after a reboot of the router it wouldn't keep the name. I made a custom startup script for the host entries that ran at reboot. The poimt of this is it forced a name in the client list.

With that said, can you actually connect internally and externally to your video camera system?
Huskerfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:41    Post subject: Re: help-Netgear WNDR4000 Reply with quote
tomtcom wrote:
Huskerfan wrote:
Huskerfan wrote:
Netgear WNDR4000

I have a night owl security camera system. What do you have?

I haven't loaded dd-wrt yet but this type of device wont always show in the client list. First, generate as much traffic to the dvr system as you can. Some tcp settings like on android time out relatively quick and they close their connections causing the device to not appear in the client list like you would expect.

On my old dd-wrt router I had to edit the host file on the dd-wrt software by telnetting. Problem was after a reboot of the router it wouldn't keep the name. I made a custom startup script for the host entries that ran at reboot. The poimt of this is it forced a name in the client list.

With that said, can you actually connect internally and externally to your video camera system?

Thanks for responding!
I have an ARM NDVR480G (the 4 means 4 camera's, the 80 means 80 gig hd)
The camera's just hook into the back of it. I can see the camera on an external monitor I have hooked up and then it's wired to send the camera signal via ethernet to my router. The only settings are ip address, gateway, subnet mask and it automatically assigns it a mac address.

I cannot even see my camera's internally on the client software I'm running much less externally. I'll accept internally for now!
What do you suggest?
lifeisgoodenjoy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
i believe the client list reflects the dhcp clients. are you using dhcp or static ip?
lifeisgoodenjoy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
This may help with internal routing - i found it on the forums here:

A) Disable "Security > Block WAN Requests > Filter WAN NAT Resolution"
B) Add firewall script "Administration > Commands > Firewall Script"

-Start Firewall Script-
insmod ipt_mark
insmod xt_mark
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i ! `get_wanface` -d `nvram get wan_ipaddr` -j MARK --set-mark 0xd001
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -m mark --mark 0xd001 -j MASQUERADE
-End Firewall Script-
tomtcom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are other considerations. Like the others said, check if it's static or dhcp.

Double check any admin usernames and passwords on the dvr. Also, my internal connection works best on port 9000 and 18004 for 3g apps. Check the forwarding.

Double check the lan port you are connected into. Ensure the port is on. You can tracert to the ip and double check iptables -L to see if traffic may be getting dropped with any of the rules.

One last thing is my night owl suggested forwarding port 80 but I didn't need to.
Huskerfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Double check any admin usernames and passwords on the dvr."

Tom, you hit the nail on the head. 'Doh'!!!! I knew it was an idiot type of thing that was so simple. Embarassed

I can see it internally but now I'm working on seeing it from outside my home by opening ports. My first try didn't work but I'm still working on it. Very Happy

And the person that said something about static and dhcp? Thanks a lot! I also discovered that all clients are not listed and this particular dvr while not using a static ip will also not be listed as a client.
Huskerfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 19:35    Post subject: solved Reply with quote
I didn't see a solved button but moderator please mark as solved. Thanks for everyone's help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: