Support for TP-Link TL-WR810N?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
TOMill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:05    Post subject: Re: TL-WR810N missing OpenVPN? Reply with quote
LostInIgnorance wrote:
Is OpenVPN not supported on this device?

I'm curious about this as well. OpenVPN support is THE reason I've been looking at flashing dd-wrt in the first place. Very Happy
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:13    Post subject: Re: TL-WR810N missing OpenVPN? Reply with quote
TOMill wrote:
LostInIgnorance wrote:

I'm curious about this as well. OpenVPN support is THE reason I've been looking at flashing dd-wrt in the first place. Very Happy

OpenVPN will of course be included in a real dd-wrt build which will be made as soon as someone donates a router to Brainslayer.
WR810N has 8MB of flash and Kryptex hack of a 4MB build for another router does not represent what should be in a WR810N build.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:33    Post subject: Re: TL-WR810N missing OpenVPN? Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
TOMill wrote:
LostInIgnorance wrote:

OpenVPN will of course be included in a real dd-wrt build which will be made as soon as someone donates a router to Brainslayer.
WR810N has 8MB of flash and Kryptex hack of a 4MB build for another router does not represent what should be in a WR810N build.

If you don't like it, make a better one or don't use mine. What's your problem ?

TOMill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 20:33    Post subject: Re: TL-WR810N missing OpenVPN? Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

How would I go about getting Brainslayer one of those devices? Do you have an address for me? Or how could I get one to him?

Anyone interested in chipping in to get this device supported?
jwoods
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 21:01    Post subject: Re: TL-WR810N missing OpenVPN? Reply with quote
TOMill wrote:
LOM wrote:

How would I go about getting Brainslayer one of those devices? Do you have an address for me? Or how could I get one to him?

Anyone interested in chipping in to get this device supported?

You can contact him here...

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/profile_sec.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
LostInIgnorance
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 18:49    Post subject: Supporting Reply with quote
I would be willing to send two different models I think would be really nice to possibly have on the supported list.
TL-WR810N v1 US
TL-WR802N v1 US

I have PM'd brainslayer

I also would like to know why KrypteX was wrong on that. There's enough information floating around on the hardware inside this model that doing a simple test like this was in the correct direction. How many of these builds may be different models but contain the same hardware inside?
I am not a guru, but I am trying to understand.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:37    Post subject: Re: Supporting Reply with quote
LostInIgnorance wrote:
I would be willing to send two different models I think would be really nice to possibly have on the supported list.
TL-WR810N v1 US
TL-WR802N v1 US

I have PM'd brainslayer

I also would like to know why KrypteX was wrong on that. There's enough information floating around on the hardware inside this model that doing a simple test like this was in the correct direction. How many of these builds may be different models but contain the same hardware inside?
I am not a guru, but I am trying to understand.

I simply tried my best to create a modified build out of an existing build for a supported router - I'm always striving to give back to the community, to provide useful mods/tools for those who would like to try DD-WRT on still unsupported hardware (I've created many such modded builds for TP-Link and Netgear units, that most users are happy with and are usually grateful for).
But it seems there are a few nutjobs out there who seem to hate me without reason, probably because they're envious or something. So all they do lately is consume their time and energy trying to attack me with every given occasion, e.g. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1035808#1035808
Well, I don't give a rat's ass about such pathetic attempts.

If you want to donate hardware to DD-WRT, here's the procedure:
https://www.dd-wrt.com/site/community/donations
If you want more info or if I can help in any way with the donation procedure, please send me a PM.

TOMill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've donated a TL-WR810N. Should be at your door by the weekend. Hope this helps.
cecoates
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:26    Post subject: Re: Supporting Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:

I simply tried my best to create a modified build out of an existing build for a supported router - I'm always striving to give back to the community, to provide useful mods/tools for those who would like to try DD-WRT on still unsupported hardware (I've created many such modded builds for TP-Link and Netgear units, that most users are happy with and are usually grateful for).

I'm using your modified build for the TL-WR802N and quite happy with it.

For folks curious about OpenVPN, the TL-WR710N is supported, but the speeds are quite slow (I mean, it's only 400mhz and doesn't have much memory). The 802N and 810N are 550mhz-650mhz, but if you're looking to pull in more than 3-4 Mbps (~400k-500k/s) even on a good connection, a travel router like this isn't your best bet. But if you absolutely must have OpenVPN and speed isn't your primary concern, try the TL-WR710N.

I have both, and I've been sticking with the TL-WR802N and PPTP, which while I know isn't great for security, is excellent speedwise for watching Hulu/Netflix on the go (which is what I wanted out of a travel router to begin with). I imagine the TL-WR810N build here would be just as good.

Depending on what you need, even if the TL-WR810N gets up and running with OpenVPN, the speeds just aren't going to be great on a tiny router like this. If you really need it, you could consider just traveling with a full-size router. The Netgear 6XXX series are about the size of a large hardcover book.

For what it's worth, I really appreciate your modified build for the 802N, KrypteX. It's nice to be able to relax with an episode of the Daily Show or a movie after a long day.
pfuller88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 15:03    Post subject: v9 or v11 Reply with quote
I successfully flashed via the normal gui with the bin that was created here. I then upgraded to the latest wr841v9 software -> Downloads › betas › 2016 › 07-01-2016-r30082 › tplink_tl-wr841ndv9

I notice here you're using v11 of the 841 router - is there a difference between v9 and v11?
mailoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:31    Post subject: Re: v9 or v11 Reply with quote
pfuller88 wrote:
I successfully flashed via the normal gui with the bin that was created here. I then upgraded to the latest wr841v9 software -> Downloads › betas › 2016 › 07-01-2016-r30082 › tplink_tl-wr841ndv9

I notice here you're using v11 of the 841 router - is there a difference between v9 and v11?

can you please snapshot photo in your router (wr810n) after flash dd-wrt firmware.

-- Go To inside dd-wrt Control Panel then Status tab then Router, and make snapshot photo for Router Information.

thx
TOMill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've donated a WR810N a couple of weeks ago. But the official list of supported devices still says "donated router needed". Could maybe someone edit this entry?
Cr0n_J0b
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:58    Post subject: looking to webrevert my firmware. Reply with quote
Hey Folks,

I was able to upgrade my router to the latest DD-WRT, but have since decided that I want to move over to OpenWRT. The reason is that I only use the router to share the hotel network to my chromecast. I can't see how to do this with DD-WRT, and I know how it works with OpenWRT.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
TOMill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wait, so the TL-WR810N is officially supported now?! Couldn't find any mention of this on the supported device page. Question
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
TOMill wrote:
Wait, so the TL-WR810N is officially supported now?! Couldn't find any mention of this on the supported device page. Question

No support yet. Use this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1033564#1033564

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: