Simultaneous connections and Total Simultaneous throughput

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kid smoke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 13:25    Post subject: Simultaneous connections and Total Simultaneous throughput Reply with quote
I was thinking of buying the WHR-HP-G54 from the shop.
I was wondering if DD-WRT changes the amount of connections allowed and the Total Simultaneous throughput of the router.
I don't see where it says if it does or not.
I read the Wiki as well.
Also, does anyone know the default specs for the two properties mentioned above?
I was reading an article on Tom's Networking about good P2P and gaming routers and I am curious if DD-WRT improves/changes throughput and or Maximum Simultaneous Connections?
Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsor
Matthiaz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
You may change the amout of concurrent maximum connections and their timeouts (search Wiki for p2p slowdown).

And I am not quite sure what you mean with "Total Simultaneous throughput of the router". Please elaborate yourself a little more.
kid smoke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Total Simultaneous throughput measures a router's packet handling speed without being limited by router Ethernet port speed."
From Tom's Networking (http://www.tomsnetworking.com/lans_routers/charts/index.html?chart=121)

Also In the Wiki it says # of ports when referring to P2P.
Is this another way of stating Max connections or Max # of Ports used for connections?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: