[SOLVED] PowerBeam 5AC 500 and Netgear WNDR3700v2

ransur0t
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 16:49    Post subject: [SOLVED] PowerBeam 5AC 500 and Netgear WNDR3700v2 Reply with quote
** Update -- a quick call to Stephouse tech support solved the issue. They added the necessary port forwarding rule to pass through the firewall on the Ubiquity dish. **

Hi,

I've just transitioned from Comcast Business cable internet service to Stephouse Networks Wireless Direct residential. The PowerBeam 5AC 500 is running stock firmware and the Netgear WNDR3700v2 is running DD-WRT v3.0-r29519 std (04/25/16).

While using Comcast with a SMC Networks SMCD3G-CCR cable modem as a gateway and the WNDR3700v2 as a DHCP server and AP running in Router mode, paired with a Linksys WRT54G2v1 in Repeater Bridge mode, I had the network configured as such:

The SMC modem DHCP server disabled
    LAN subnet set to 10.1.10.x
    Port forwarding rule to allow ssh passthrough to the WNDR3700v2 via a DDNS service
    WNDR3700v2 set to Router mode, DHCP server enabled, WAN Connection disabled
    Linksys WRT54G2v1 in Repeater Bridge mode

So, to transition to Stephouse, my strategy was to continue to use the router in a similar fashion and use the Ubiquity PowerBeam 5AC 500 receiving dish and gigabit PoE power injector as a gateway. The Ubiquity assigns one IP address using DCHP in the 192.168.30.100-200 range. (It is running stock firmware, and customers are not given admin access to it's config interface).

After changing the router LAN config to the Ubiquity subnet 192.168.30.x, 255.255.255.0, everything works perfectly.

Ubiquity PowerBeam 5AC 500 DHCP server enabled
    LAN subnet set to 192.168.30.x
    WNDR3700v2 set to Router mode, DHCP server enabled, WAN Connection disabled
    Linksys WRT54G2v1 in Repeater Bridge mode

The one remaining item I need to have configured is ssh port forwarding. Since Stephouse does not provide/allow customer admin access to the Ubiquity firmware, I am hoping I can accomplish this with some static routing or perhaps an alternative router config.

I have tried running the WNDR3700v2 in Gateway Mode, WAN Connection Type Automatic (DHCP), but I can't get an internet connection in this way ...

Any help/suggestions would be immensely appreciated!

-- Respectfully
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: