Wireless speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Mrpike
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:15    Post subject: Wireless speed Reply with quote
Hello, first timer here. I have a D-link 810L B2 router that is a dual band "AC" router. I see that it is supported and I want to use VPN. My question is will dd-wrt affect the wireless speed? I would like to use dd-wrt as long as I can still have the benefits of the "AC" router, thanks.
Sponsor
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
First of all, since you are asking how a particular router is behaving under ddwrt firmware then this question should go into your specific SoC type forum section(Broadcom, Atheros, etc).
Second have you done a research before posting?
Mrpike
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for the ignorance but I do not know my specific SoC forum section. I have a D-Link DIR-810L B1 and would be happy to post there if someone could point me in the right direction.
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mrpike wrote:
Sorry for the ignorance but I do not know my specific SoC forum section. I have a D-Link DIR-810L B1 and would be happy to post there if someone could point me in the right direction.

Your router has MediaTek SoC and giving what it's stated in sticky announcement on Ralink forum section then you should post it there.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=50

Use the search section using your router model DIR-810L as query to see if you find your answer before posting. I wouldn't think that you would have troubles with AC speeds if you configure it correctly.(WPA2/AES/80HT/channel>=144)

Last edited by Xeon2k8 on Wed May 18, 2016 3:21; edited 1 time in total
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mrpike wrote:

According to this https://wikidevi.com/wiki/D-Link_DIR-810L_rev_B1

It is a MediaTek chip, which I *think* it goes in the RAlink forum, I may be wrong though, but searching your router on here most of the results are in that forum.

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 20:22    Post subject: Re: Wireless speed Reply with quote
Mrpike wrote:
Hello, first timer here. I have a D-link 810L B2 router that is a dual band "AC" router. I see that it is supported and I want to use VPN. My question is will dd-wrt affect the wireless speed? I would like to use dd-wrt as long as I can still have the benefits of the "AC" router, thanks.

Keep an eye on this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=278053 for the latest update and it seems that the AC issue is not fixed yet.
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 20:29    Post subject: Re: Wireless speed Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
Mrpike wrote:

Keep an eye on this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=278053 for the latest update and it seems that the AC issue is not fixed yet.

THAT is what I meant by research.
Mrpike
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, that's the lead I was looking for. Its overwhelming to keep these post straight Shocked I will keep an eye on it Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: