Worked great... and then never again! (Repost)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC basierende Hardware
W-R2D2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 18:26    Post subject: Worked great... and then never again! (Repost) Reply with quote
Hey, I have a WRT54G version 5 in question that I downloaded the firmware from the the recommended build(s) section to and it worked great. I was configuring it to be a simple repeater for the other side of the house using a guide from life hacker (link is below). Worked flawlessly upon initial setup. Then one day it crashed and so I went in and reconfigured it and everything, and I mean everything was setup the way it was supposed to be and it hasn't worked since. I've read some stuff about the builds not being extremely stable but as a noob, I understand little more than the surface of how this stuff works. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Link: http://lifehacker.com/5563196/turn-your-old-router-into-a-range-boosting-wi-fi-repeater
Sponsor
n0kfb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 19:50    Post subject: More Data Please Reply with quote
You are not giving us much to work with.

If you log into your WRT54g that you are using as a repeater and perform a site survey, do you see the donor site? If so, what is the signal level, and what is the noise floor?

--Dan Meyer
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
And you post in the wrong Language. This is the German Forum.
W-R2D2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 16:20    Post subject: Thank you, Per Yngve Berg Reply with quote
Post has been moved to the correct ENGLISH forum for this issue. Apologies.😳
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC basierende Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: