TL-W841N v11 repeater bridge? To Asus RT-N16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
thoraxe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:58    Post subject: TL-W841N v11 repeater bridge? To Asus RT-N16 Reply with quote
So I've finally gotten my Asus RT-N16 back in the game, and I am wondering if it's possible to configure this TL-W841N as a repeater (bridge)?

It appears that:

1) R29519 doesn't even have "repeater bridge" in the wireless dropdown settings. It has AP, Client, Client Bridge (Routed), Adhoc, WDS Station, WDS AP

2) I read about "WDS" and it seems that this does not worke between two routers that have different chipsets.

Basically I think there has been a strange increase in wireless interference in my house and I am trying to use a repeater to improve the wifi client performance. The other option is to run a LAN cable from the RT-N16 to the TL-W841N and use the W841N as the only WiFi device (disable WiFi on the Asus). This is not preferable.

I understand there may be a reduction in WiFi performance but I'm OK with that, for now.

Thanks!
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Take a look at the first sticky: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47708 and see if it helps.
thoraxe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Makes sense. Should have looked at the stickies. My bad. I'll give that a whirl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: