Etisalat PNP connection help. .........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
JonJonn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 22:39    Post subject: Etisalat PNP connection help. ......... Reply with quote
i have an EA6700 running build 29739. Main reason why i tried dd-wrt on this router because the stock firmware doesnt have an option for VLan or iptv. I am currently living in UAE and our connection is PNP where router with iptv and vlan only will work. Anyone can help me about this? or anyone who has the knowledge how to solve this problem? [/u]
https://www.reddit.com/r/dubai/comments/3uu4xg/update_etisalat_plug_n_play_router/
Sponsor
Dhiru
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am using Etisalat and EA6700 too. You will need to connect to the PPPOE using VLAN. The VLAN ID depends on your area and the VLAN ID for my area is 30. The problem however is that the router currently only supports 16 VLAN ID's and since the VLAN ID for Etisalat internet is upwards of 16, you will need some manual changes to get it to work.

1. Download the switch-robo kernel module for ARMv7 with patched VLAN IDs to 32. (Thanks to @maxter)
2. Factory reset your router to make sure your old settings don't interfere with the new changes.
3. After you are done with the factory reset on clean settings, enable JFFS2 from the Service tab. JFFS2 provides you with a small writeable storage on the routers NAND.
4. Extract the attached zip file and copy the switch-robo.ko kernel module to the jffs partition which is at "/jffs". You can do this by copying the module to a USB drive, connecting it to the router and using Telnet you can copy the file from the external USB to the internal jffs partition. (Assuming you know basic linux commands).
5. Add the following code into the Startup Commands of your router under the Administration -> Commands tab.

Change the "30" in the code to your VLAN ID that you have found on your D-Link Etisalat router.
Code:
rmmod switch-robo;insmod /jffs/switch-robo.ko;vconfig add eth0 30;ifconfig vlan30 up;echo "4t 5" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/30/ports;nvram set pppoe_wan_ifname=vlan30;

6. Reboot the router and configure your PPPOE without making any changes to the VLAN or Networking section of your router GUI.
7. You should be able to receive the WAN IP Address from Etisalat and your internet should work fine without any issues.

Since you are using EA6700 like me, I recommend the following startup commands. (Fixes 32KB nvram bug and disables the annoying white LED on the router).
Code:
for line in `nvram show | grep =$ `; do var=${line%*=};nvram unset $var;done;rmmod switch-robo;insmod /jffs/switch-robo.ko;vconfig add eth0 30;ifconfig vlan30 up;echo "4t 5" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/30/ports;nvram set pppoe_wan_ifname=vlan30;gpio disable 8;gpio enable 6;

Just let me know if you run into any issues. The instructions are brief assuming you have experience with telnet and linux commands.

Good luck Smile

switch-robo.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  switch-robo.zip
 Filesize:  7.4 KB
 Downloaded:  444 Time(s)

JonJonn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank youbso much for that info. I havent try it. Just wanna ask first does it works for all ddwrt build? Or which ddwrt version you are using on your EA6700 now?
DJNJ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dhiru wrote:
I am using Etisalat and EA6700 too. You will need to connect to the PPPOE using VLAN. The VLAN ID depends on your area and the VLAN ID for my area is 30. The problem however is that the router currently only supports 16 VLAN ID's and since the VLAN ID for Etisalat internet is upwards of 16, you will need some manual changes to get it to work.

1. Download the switch-robo kernel module for ARMv7 with patched VLAN IDs to 32. (Thanks to @maxter)
2. Factory reset your router to make sure your old settings don't interfere with the new changes.
3. After you are done with the factory reset on clean settings, enable JFFS2 from the Service tab. JFFS2 provides you with a small writeable storage on the routers NAND.
4. Extract the attached zip file and copy the switch-robo.ko kernel module to the jffs partition which is at "/jffs". You can do this by copying the module to a USB drive, connecting it to the router and using Telnet you can copy the file from the external USB to the internal jffs partition. (Assuming you know basic linux commands).
5. Add the following code into the Startup Commands of your router under the Administration -> Commands tab.

Change the "30" in the code to your VLAN ID that you have found on your D-Link Etisalat router.
Code:
rmmod switch-robo;insmod /jffs/switch-robo.ko;vconfig add eth0 30;ifconfig vlan30 up;echo "4t 5" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/30/ports;nvram set pppoe_wan_ifname=vlan30;

6. Reboot the router and configure your PPPOE without making any changes to the VLAN or Networking section of your router GUI.
7. You should be able to receive the WAN IP Address from Etisalat and your internet should work fine without any issues.

Since you are using EA6700 like me, I recommend the following startup commands. (Fixes 32KB nvram bug and disables the annoying white LED on the router).
Code:
for line in `nvram show | grep =$ `; do var=${line%*=};nvram unset $var;done;rmmod switch-robo;insmod /jffs/switch-robo.ko;vconfig add eth0 30;ifconfig vlan30 up;echo "4t 5" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/30/ports;nvram set pppoe_wan_ifname=vlan30;gpio disable 8;gpio enable 6;

Just let me know if you run into any issues. The instructions are brief assuming you have experience with telnet and linux commands.

Good luck Smile

Hi, Would this method work with Marvel based Routers ?
I have a WRT1900AC, appreciated, if you could spare a few mins and take a look over here -> http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=301892
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Marwell chipset does not have the 16 vlan limit as broadcom do.

Use SWCONFIG to configure the switch.

See the Marvel Forum.
Dhiru
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
JonJonn wrote:
Thank youbso much for that info. I havent try it. Just wanna ask first does it works for all ddwrt build? Or which ddwrt version you are using on your EA6700 now?

I am on the latest build 30385. It will work on any build.
batman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi

Tried this on an ea6900 with a kong build but doesnt work - doesnt connect.

Any ideas???
iamgenius
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you please expand on the linux commands we need to do this? I also need to get around this issue.

Edit: I sent you a pm also.
batman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 20:42    Post subject: Waiting on reply Reply with quote
I also sent a pm but still no reply.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Smile
fraserc86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey did anyone else manage to get this working?

I couldnt figure out the telnet so mounted a USB with the same file.

However, I am struggling to get the PPPOE connected
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
fraserc86 wrote:
I couldnt figure out the telnet so mounted a USB with the same file.

However, I am struggling to get the PPPOE connected
What exactly did you do? You'd have to modify the insmod path to the .ko file for your USB mount.
DJNJ wrote:
Code:
The path should be shown in the GUI USB page, but would be good to confirm access to the file from telnet/ssh [user is 'root' btw]:
Code:
ls -Al {path to .ko file on USB drive}
You could also then run those commands from telnet to verify no errors.
|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: