Stuck with "CFE MiniWeb Server" after flashing EA6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
lugoismad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 21:05    Post subject: Stuck with "CFE MiniWeb Server" after flashing EA6 Reply with quote
I've been using DD-WRT for years and have always been really happy with it. Upgraded to an AC capable router and wanted to flash it.

I had a Linksys EA6400.

I followed these directions to a T.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1009864#1009864

When I was done and after I let it sit for 15 minutes, I connected to 192.168.1.1 and got this:

I tried uploading both the regular DD-WRT firmware and the hacky small version. Neither would work. But I could upload the stock firmware from linksys, and that took it back to stock.

I tried again. Again, following the directions and going slowly to make sure I didn't F it up again.

Same exact thing happened. This time I let it sit for half an hour without touching it, rebooting it, etc. Its stuck on this Asustek CFE MiniWeb server thing.

What am I doing wrong?
Sponsor
lugoismad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update. Nevermind, I guess.

My e1200 router I was using as a backup was being a pain in the ass and kept resetting, so I went to try to at least update this one back to the stock firmware. Reset it, and it worked. No clue how it got up a stick up its ass.
MDA400
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its not liking the build you flashed and is only soft bricking since you have a modified cfe for the ea64 that uses asus' firmware recovery system. It sits in between the boot process and allows you to load a working firmware in case of loading an incompatible one.

Navigation

Jump to: