Dlink-DIR615 rev d with v3.0-r27506 std, snmp(d) not found

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
ronkwan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:40    Post subject: Dlink-DIR615 rev d with v3.0-r27506 std, snmp(d) not found Reply with quote
as title, i couldn't find/enable the snmp(d) settings on the web GUI, i thought "std" has all the features.

or i mistaken and need a different firmware for my router?

much thanks!
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:16    Post subject: Re: Dlink-DIR615 rev d with v3.0-r27506 std, snmp(d) not fou Reply with quote
ronkwan wrote:
as title, i couldn't find/enable the snmp(d) settings on the web GUI, i thought "std" has all the features.

much thanks!

I extracted the build that you used for your DIR615 rev d and confirmed that snmpd is not available. In my Belkin F5D8235-4, snmpd is located at /usr/sbin. Apparently the 4M flash size of DIR615 has limited features.
ronkwan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 14:32    Post subject: Re: Dlink-DIR615 rev d with v3.0-r27506 std, snmp(d) not fou Reply with quote
[quote="js1662"][quote="ronkwan"]as title, i couldn't find/enable the snmp(d) settings on the web GUI, i thought "std" has all the features.

much thanks![/quote]

I extracted the build that you used for your DIR615 rev d and confirmed that snmpd is not available. In my Belkin F5D8235-4, snmpd is located at /usr/sbin. Apparently the 4M flash size of DIR615 has limited features.[/quote]

understood, much thanks. i have no idea how to extract and look inside the image file without installation.
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used this wiki: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Development to install the Firmware Modification Kit but as per this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=302593 this may not work recently. If you have a Linux PC available, you can give it a try anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: