OpenVPN Server not seeing Linux/FreeBSD any more after updat

donutVillain
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 14:34    Post subject: OpenVPN Server not seeing Linux/FreeBSD any more after updat Reply with quote
I've had OpenVPN Server running on my Netgear R7000 router for a while now without problems. Then I decided to updated to the v3.0-r29440M kongac build from 04/19/16 since the version I was running required me to use DMZ when creating a VPN tunnel from within the local network. Don't know what I was running before but it is probably about two years old. Did not reset the system updating...

Now the tunnel appears to connect just fine. My internet trafic is directed through the tunnel. No problems connecting with Windows machines on the local network on the other side of the tunnel. However, I can't access my FreeBSD and Linux computers through the tunnel any more. They don't even respond to a ping.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I've tried some different settings (based on different forum threads) when it comes to the VPN Server additional settings and the firewall settings but nothing I've done so far appears to change anything. Anything in the configuration that could cause this?

Code:

iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --dport 801 -j ACCEPT
  iptables -I FORWARD 1 --source 172.16.1.0/24 -j ACCEPT
  iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 172.16.1.0/24 -o br0 -j MASQUERADE
  iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 172.16.1.0/24 -j MASQUERADE
  iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o tun2 -j ACCEPT
  iptables -I FORWARD -i tun2 -o br0 -j ACCEPT
  iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o tun2 -j MASQUERADE

Code:

cat /tmp/openvpn/openvpn.conf
dh /tmp/openvpn/dh.pem
ca /tmp/openvpn/ca.crt
cert /tmp/openvpn/cert.pem
key /tmp/openvpn/key.pem
keepalive 10 120
verb 3
mute 3
syslog
writepid /var/run/openvpnd.pid
management 127.0.0.1 14
management-log-cache 100
topology subnet
script-security 2
port 801
proto tcp-server
cipher aes-256-cbc
auth sha1
client-connect /tmp/openvpn/clcon.sh
client-disconnect /tmp/openvpn/cldiscon.sh
client-config-dir /tmp/openvpn/ccd
comp-lzo adaptive
tls-server
ifconfig-pool-persist /tmp/openvpn/ip-pool 86400
tcp-nodelay
tun-mtu 1500
mtu-disc yes
server 172.16.1.0 255.255.255.0
dev tun2
tun-ipv6
verb 5
push "route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0"
push "redirect-gateway def1 bypass-dhcp"
push "dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8"
keepalive 10 20

Code:

cat /tmp/openvpn/route-up.sh
#!/bin/sh
startservice set_routes -f
Sponsor
Mike42Smith
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry mate but it is quite hard to follow you. Could you explain a little bit more the following:

Quote:
... Then I decided to updated to the v3.0-r29440M kongac build from 04/19/16 since the version I was running required me to use DMZ when creating a VPN tunnel from within the local network. ...

What did you do with the DMZ option? On which side did you put which LAN client into the DMZ? And why?

Quote:
... Now the tunnel appears to connect just fine. My internet trafic is directed through the tunnel. No problems connecting with Windows machines on the local network on the other side of the tunnel. However, I can't access my FreeBSD and Linux computers through the tunnel any more. ...

Well, you have a side-to-side VPN setting with at least one local network on each side, right?
And all traffic to the internet from one side should go through the VPN to the other side where the data exit to the internet, right? And from where to where can you connect to the Windows computers? And from where do you want to reach the Linux system?

Raspberry Pi and TP-Link TL-WR710N with OpenWRT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: