Ubiquity Litebeam M5 LBE-M5-23

ultimatum77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 17:39    Post subject: Ubiquity Litebeam M5 LBE-M5-23 Reply with quote
Hi I was wondering if I can flash dd-wrt on the Litebeam M5? I am trying to use the default AirOS software to find an access point/hotspot from a college 3km away from me. So far I have not had success following the UB user manual to do this. I would like to know if the dd-wrt unlocks the 2.4 ghz scan capability. I realize this device is by default in the 5ghz range but I think the hotspot uses 2.4 ghz devices. Again I am not too familiar with how to use this device just got it a few days ago. I would like to use dd-wrt as I have put it on a few routers successfully and love the tools built into the software. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it much! Thanks for bearing with a newbie!
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
This device is not supported by dd-wrt as it is not shown on the Supported Devices List: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

A look at Ubiquiti's web site shown that this device is 5GHz only so apparently there is no 2.4G hardware inside this device. Hence, I doubt that you can use software means to make it to work at 2.4GHz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: