D-link 810L B1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
andy1983
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:01    Post subject: D-link 810L B1 Reply with quote
I was able to install latest build r30284 on d-link 810l b1.
This new flash. i followed this document as it is

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge

primary router in tplink c8. had factory flash.

after configuring i changed the setting to automatically obtain the ipaddres. i was not getting correct ipaddres . 192.168.0.xxx. i followed the document as it is but no luck
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
The wiki recommends to use different SSID for the primary and virtual Interface so try that and see if it works better that way.
andy1983
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
i used different ssid for primary and virtual. it also did not worked.
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use different SSID and when using 2.4G as repeater bridge, don't set 5G as repeater bridge at the same time but rather set it in AP mode with another different SSID. No virtual interface for 5G of course. Try and see if it works or not.
andy1983
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your help.

as you request i made changes. but that did not help.
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Too bad! May be you should try other earlier build if you haven't done so and see if it makes a difference.

BTW, have you tried changing the wireless mode instead of mixed to N only for both the main and the repeater router.

I suppose you can see and join the dd-wrt_vap ssid and the problem is that your wireless client can't obtain an IP from your main router's DHCP. Am I right? What IP does it has? Have you tried reboot your wireless client and see if it can then get an IP address? What if you statically set the IP of the wireless client, can it go to the Internet?

One more thing, check if the repeater router is actually connected to the main router by checking status - wireless on the repeater router. Also check if the main router SSID and repeater SSID are operating at the same frequency. Use an Android phone with Wi-Fi analyzer app.
andy1983
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used the default build 25815 now. when i connect to the wifi (repeater) it is working fine.

When i connect the Ethernet cable to laptop i was able to get correct ip address from main router. but i was not getting internet.

i made sure frequency is same on both.

when i connect with Ethernet cable to other device i was getting ip address.

but before build (latest one) i did not get ipaddress from primary router. hope i saw little progress

thanks for help.
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, different build give you different result and unfortunately both are not perfect. Unless someone chime in and tell you which build is best for repeater bridge, I am afraid you may have to continue to try other builds. May be a build in between the two you have tried. I guess you probably prefer repeater bridge more than repeater mode but I think may be you should also try repeater mode and see how it works.
andy1983
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want to use ethernet ports to connect some device. so i am trying repeater bridge. i not tech guy. can i use repeater mode to connect ethernet.

wifi is working file.

my main router is downstair and dd-wrt is upstairs. when i come upstairs my phone connects to upstairs router and it works fine. i have issue with connnect to ethernet.

What is use of virtual interface. is that used to connect to the ethernet or it is wifi?

sorry for asking so much,
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
In that case, client bridge mode will also work for you if that mode is available and you don't need virtual interface as that is for setting up a repeater wifi. Hope it works!
andy1983
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have client mode. will that work or should it be client bridge mode?
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Client mode will create a separate subnet. Setup details can be found on this wiki: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Mode_Wireless

BTW, if you check the other thread that you have posted previously: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=278053&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30 someone mentioned working repeater bridge mode with build 27343.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: