Netgear R6400 / AC1750

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
mgw2011
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have to correct myself: While NM ist still somewhat shaky the issue is also caused by a buggy network adaptor from Realtek there are several people complaining about the rtl8192ce "driver".
Sponsor
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
mgw2011 wrote:
I have to correct myself: While NM ist still somewhat shaky the issue is also caused by a buggy network adaptor from Realtek there are several people complaining about the rtl8192ce "driver".

Can't tell exactly which rtl one of our laptops has, but it is the one that sometimes cannot connect anymore while 10 others devices have no issue and if I run with enabled debug mode on the router it shows, that the device does not correctly respond sometimes.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just bought a brand new R6400. So far, it has required frequent reboots. It'll last anywhere between a few hours to maybe a day maximum.

I started with r31160M kongac, then tried r31520M kongac, followed by r31722 std. Same behavior from each.

I'm no linux guru but I know enough to at least remotely capture a syslog. Best I can gather is that something causes it to become starved of memory, in which case it starts killing random processes. I've attached a syslog in case it helps anyone.

syslog.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  syslog.txt
 Filesize:  252.47 KB
 Downloaded:  453 Time(s)

greenmeat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
r30534 build works perfectly for me with openvpn and 5ghz radio.

Different topic. Does anyone know how to install stunnel on Netgear R6400 using Brainslayer build? Thanks.
kapieyow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am running Kong's r31135M on a r6400 and it is pretty solid. Think I have had to reboot it once this year. Running OpenVPN, Samba, USB, Yamon etc.

I did have some initial trouble setting it up although at this point I can't remember the details. I ended up tearing it down and re-configuring as simple as possible. Let it run like that and then add confs in phases. Sorry I can't be more specific, but that did help me prove the base conf worked and what flaked it out (might have been my initial openvpn conf).
greenmeat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which BrainSlayer do you recommend with R6400?
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
XStylus wrote:
I just bought a brand new R6400. So far, it has required frequent reboots. It'll last anywhere between a few hours to maybe a day maximum.

I started with r31160M kongac, then tried r31520M kongac, followed by r31722 std. Same behavior from each.

I'm no linux guru but I know enough to at least remotely capture a syslog. Best I can gather is that something causes it to become starved of memory, in which case it starts killing random processes. I've attached a syslog in case it helps anyone.

Did you fully erase nvram after you flashed dd-wrt, by fully I mean:

erase nvram

from console.

From your output it looks like this is a wds setup. On which of the two routers do you experience the leak and what firmware and build does the other router have?

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
XStylus wrote:

Try BrainSlayer 30534 build.
greenmeat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
greenmeat wrote:
XStylus wrote:

Try BrainSlayer 30534 build.

Be warned though, the 30534 build will reboot itself under heavy usage. But it's automatic.
XStylus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Did you fully erase nvram after you flashed dd-wrt, by fully I mean:

erase nvram

from console.

From your output it looks like this is a wds setup. On which of the two routers do you experience the leak and what firmware and build does the other router have?

There's just one router. Dunno how I gave the idea that there were two.

This is a brand new R6400 that went from factory to r31160m, so it's as virgin a config as they come. It started developing problems within hours.

I bought this unit for my elderly parents. It's going to live a lazy life and is configured for just the basics. The only thing configured was Basic Setup, Wireless Basic Settings, and Wireless Security. WDS was not used nor touched at all.

A week after putting up with issues that'd bork the unit, I tried r31520m, followed by r31722 std. Memory leak issue persisted.

I could do a reset, and it's not like it'd take me much to reconfigure everything, but I'm stubbornly hesitant because, again, this is brand new. It was like this from the day I installed dd-wrt. Unless there's detritus left over from the original Netgear firmware, I don't think that'll help anything.

Though if that is a possibility, then that in itself is perhaps a problem that may warrant looking into...?
onesolo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone help me out here?!
I've just flashed my r6400 from advanced tomato cause I was having a problem with internet via wifi but now after I flash the latest kong dd-wrt firmware (from july), I still have the same problem!!!

I've the r6400 connected to my ISP's router, the one that gains internet.
I basically have internet via ethernet but over wifi I don't have any internet!!!
This happens with tomato and now with dd-wrt. Do I have to configure something else to have internet via wifi?! On both wifi interfaces, network configuration is bridged!!

Thkx in advance!!

Work2: WRT54GS v1.1 with DD-WRT v24 RC-3 (09/13/07) std
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
onesolo wrote:
I've just flashed my r6400 from advanced tomato cause I was having a problem with internet via wifi but now after I flash the latest kong dd-wrt firmware (from july), I still have the same problem!!!

I basically have internet via ethernet but over wifi I don't have any internet!!!
This happens with tomato and now with dd-wrt. Do I have to configure something else to have internet via wifi?! On both wifi interfaces, network configuration is bridged!!

Thkx in advance!!

First logon via telnet or ssh and run commands:

erase nvram
reboot

then setup your unit, this way we are sure there is no bullshit in nvram.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can dedicate one transmitter e.g. 5GHz to the bridge and use the 2.4 GHz for wifi, this is called a client bridge see: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged This is the fastest solution.

If you want both 2.4 and 5 GHz availble for wifi you have to use one transmitter as a repeater bridge see: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge

What you must not do (and possibly the cause of your problem) is bridging both 2,4 and 5 GHz Sad

And of course start with @Kong's advice and also put your settings in manually do not use a restore

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
onesolo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
You can dedicate one transmitter e.g. 5GHz to the bridge and use the 2.4 GHz for wifi, this is called a client bridge see: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged This is the fastest solution.

If you want both 2.4 and 5 GHz availble for wifi you have to use one transmitter as a repeater bridge see: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge

What you must not do (and possibly the cause of your problem) is bridging both 2,4 and 5 GHz Sad

And of course start with @Kong's advice and also put your settings in manually do not use a restore

I don't think that's my problem, please read again my post. Just just want simply internet via wifi as I have with ethernet cables...

<Kong> wrote:
onesolo wrote:

Thkx in advance!!

erase nvram
reboot

of course I did that...

Does this should work out of the box?!?
I mean, I get internet via ethernet but via Wifi doesn't work?!

Well, in meantime I sorted my problem.
In WAN Setup page, I just put DHCP Forwarder in DHCP type and now I have internet. I didn't had internet on my mobile cause in the dns field was the ip of the router. Now it has the ip of my ISP router and now it gets internet.
I also get why I had internet on my pc, cause on my pc I have static ip and the dns ip was not the one from my r6400

Work2: WRT54GS v1.1 with DD-WRT v24 RC-3 (09/13/07) std
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
onesolo wrote:
egc wrote:

I don't think that's my problem, please read again my post. Just just want simply internet via wifi as I have with ethernet cables...

<Kong> wrote:
onesolo wrote:

Thkx in advance!!

erase nvram
reboot

of course I did that...

Does this should work out of the box?!?
I mean, I get internet via ethernet but via Wifi doesn't work?!

Well, in meantime I sorted my problem.
In WAN Setup page, I just put DHCP Forwarder in DHCP type and now I have internet. I didn't had internet on my mobile cause in the dns field was the ip of the router. Now it has the ip of my ISP router and now it gets internet.
I also get why I had internet on my pc, cause on my pc I have static ip and the dns ip was not the one from my r6400

I think I recall having a similar issue and in the end I used google dns, will check it out later. This was on my 7800.

R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq - AdBlocking)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: