WDR3600v1 Which version is the latest?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
gronemng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 22:49    Post subject: WDR3600v1 Which version is the latest? Reply with quote
Hi, I have a wdr3600 v1 with stock firmware, I want to upgrade to dd-wrt the latest version possible, but the problem is that I don’t know which one is
I found this one

https://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=betas%2F2016%2F08-24-2016-r30471%2Ftplink_tl-wdr3600v1%2F

in the "betas" section in "other downloads" but they are so many other things in "other downloads" that I don’t really know if I suppose to just use "betas" or this ones:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/12-22-2014-r25697/tplink_tl-wdr3600v1/

the other question is about which one I install first of the 08-24-2016-r30471 version:
first factory-to-ddwrt.bin 7.69 MB 2016-08-24
And then
tl-wdr3600-webflash.bin 7.69 MB 2016-08-24

Thanks and sorry for my english
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes to both of your questions. Use just the betas and flash with both files when you are flashing from stock firmware. Next time when you want to upgrade to another dd-wrt build you don't need to flash the factory-to-ddwrt.bin as your router is running dd-wrt and not stock firmware. However if you revert the firmware back to stock and want to flash to dd-wrt again, then you need to flash both files again.
gronemng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
Yes to both of your questions. Use just the betas and flash with both files when you are flashing from stock firmware. Next time when you want to upgrade to another dd-wrt build you don't need to flash the factory-to-ddwrt.bin as your router is running dd-wrt and not stock firmware. However if you revert the firmware back to stock and want to flash to dd-wrt again, then you need to flash both files again.

ok, so if I want to upgrade or downgrade I use the webflash, if I am on a stock version I use the factory and then the webflash.

i have another question if i want to go back to the stock tplink firmware i just put that firmware on the "Firmware Upgrade" tab right?

i ask this because i also want to try openwrt just to test the graph stats, the stats on the tplink suck the ones in ddwrt are way better but i try yamon3 and its a little complex for what i want i want to try Openwrt and test it a little but i want to be sure that i can go back to ddwrt if i want to.

Thanks again
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, for reverting back to stock you'll need to use the file in this thread
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
No, for reverting back to stock you'll need to use the file in this thread
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237

ok, so i flash that file to put the tplink stock firmware, this file only work from ddwrt to stock or also work from openwrt to stock?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have no idea if it works from openwrt to stock.

Navigation

Jump to: