TP-Link wr740nv5 | v3.0-r33257 std - Unable to obtain WAN IP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
dcitelecom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 14:45    Post subject: TP-Link wr740nv5 | v3.0-r33257 std - Unable to obtain WAN IP Reply with quote
We use TP-Link wr740n v5 routers with DD-WRT v3.0-r33257 std (08/29/17) or earlier firmware. From time to time the router stops communicating with the Videotron cable modem and WAN IP is 0.0.0.0

Videotron tech support says they can see something connected to the cable modem but they are not getting a MAC address from the device. Rebooting the router or cable modem does not resolve the issue unless we disconnect the LAN cable from the cable modem first.

It is possible the problem is connected to newer firmware as we only noticed it recently (last 2-3 months) but I can't say for sure.

I tried turning off the firewall or saving the command "iptables -I INPUT -p udp --dport 68 -j ACCEPT" as suggested in posts I found in the forum.

I also tried MAC cloning
WAN MAC = router MAC
LAN + wifi MAC = WAN MAC - 1

So far the problem persists. Please help. I know similar issues were reported previously so maybe the condition is known and a fix is available.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: