MagicJack on client bridge crashes internet connectivity...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
ramblin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:03    Post subject: MagicJack on client bridge crashes internet connectivity... Reply with quote
I have an AP router with a 2nd router setup in "client bridge mode" with a MJ dongle hardwired to it. I can`t recieve most incoming calls and callers get the "unavailable" message before the first ring. Outgoing calls will work most of the time except when I try to call a VoIP phone from my ISP on my own network in which case it will loose internet connectivity for several minutes while the wireless signal remains connected. The MJ works flawlessly on my main AP router. Matter of fact it has worked flawless on the "repeater" for the past year as my Skype and live streaming TV still do with no hardware changes. I can only suspect an IP conflict or something like that since different hardware changes have produced the same results. At this point I will try anything and report back as my phone is about usless like this.

Hardware:
#1 ISP router ARRIS TG-862N... IP 192.168.0.1 with DHCP disabled and NAT firewall enabled
#2 TP Link TL-WR842N... IP 192.168.1.1 setup as AP with DHCP enabled and NAT firewall disabled
#3 TP Link TL-WR841N... IP 192.168.1.2 setup as client bridge with DHCP disabled and NAT firewall disabled

Last edited by ramblin on Mon Sep 26, 2016 18:09; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
have u considered talking to ur isp first? ps: expect a lot of bullshit from them, (but i assume if u knew otherwise u wouldnt be asking for help, & i dont mean that in a bad way)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

ramblin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the intrest of covering all issues and crossing them off the list I contacted my ISP this morning. After logging on to my router and preforming a few test I was assured I had more mbps than I`m actutally paying for and no jitter on the line we ruled out an issue with the ISP. I was also assured that they (BHN) were not blocking any IPs for magic jack and really had no problem with people using them. Pretty much knew this since Skype works so well on the client bridge router. Another clue I just discovered today is the IHeart streaming radio app will load the page but will not connect to the station. Tried with 4 or 5. However these same stations will load from computers connected to the AP router. Back to square #1. Please keep the answers coming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: