TP-Link 841n V11 Firmware 160325 flash issue (FIX)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
paolocorpo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
mh3g wrote:
Error 18005 = locked firmware

Flash the file in the attachment. Is a version unlocked of firmware based on TL-WR841ND_V11_150616.
After flash the 841nd with this file the router accept all firmware

Very Happy

File posted by Nedark on https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=67382

Thanks a lot
I will try as soon as possible
EDIT
ALL OK Smile
Paolo

Last edited by paolocorpo on Fri Apr 21, 2017 17:43; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
paolocorpo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am on TP-LINK TL-WR841N v11

After the patched firmware provided by NeDark and mh3g I was able to install a DD-WRT firmare downloaded by OTHER DOWNLOADS section

I installed the firmware named:
factory-to-ddwrt.bin
founded inside the section V11 here:
http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/04-06-2017-r31825/tplink_tl-wr841ndv11/factory-to-ddwrt.bin

ON control Panel of firmware I see:
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31825 std (04/06/17)

Now I habe a doubt

I need or not to install the other firmware named:
tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin
founded inside the same section V11 here:
http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/04-06-2017-r31825/tplink_tl-wr841ndv11/tl-wr841nd-webflash.bin

EDIT
I received feedback from another 3D
Pratically the two firmware are the same
The first one has to be used when the initial firmware is the factory
In other cases is possible to use the second one only
doyleast
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have followed the advice in the first post to the letter in trying to put DD WRT on my newly purchased WR841N v11 but I cannot get past the part where it says " Now reboot the router buy holding down the reset button at the back, dont release keep holding and watching the TFTP server log and the moment you see the file request you can release the reset button.

Now wait patiently for the router to flash and reboot (normally around 2 ish minutes). After this reset your ip address to "192.168.1.66" so your in the right network range (or set to auto dhcp) and now you should be able to ping 192.168.1.1 Assuming you can, all is good you are now free from the stock firmware and dd-wrt is rocking strong."

Nothing changes when I hold down the reset button. No File is requested in the TFTP window I have open. Does the wr841nv11_tp_recovery.bin file have to be in certain place? I have the file in the same folder as the tftp but have also had it elsewhere and it is not being found. I am doing something completely wrong? I have checked and rechecked the tftp settings from the link given and it all matches as it should. As I am a total novice at this, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
ronitvohra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
doyleast wrote:
I have followed the advice in the first post to the letter in trying to put DD WRT on my newly purchased WR841N v11 but I cannot get past the part where it says " Now reboot the router buy holding down the reset button at the back, dont release keep holding and watching the TFTP server log and the moment you see the file request you can release the reset button.

Now wait patiently for the router to flash and reboot (normally around 2 ish minutes). After this reset your ip address to "192.168.1.66" so your in the right network range (or set to auto dhcp) and now you should be able to ping 192.168.1.1 Assuming you can, all is good you are now free from the stock firmware and dd-wrt is rocking strong."

Nothing changes when I hold down the reset button. No File is requested in the TFTP window I have open. Does the wr841nv11_tp_recovery.bin file have to be in certain place? I have the file in the same folder as the tftp but have also had it elsewhere and it is not being found. I am doing something completely wrong? I have checked and rechecked the tftp settings from the link given and it all matches as it should. As I am a total novice at this, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Instead of going TFTP method, I suggest to use the modified firmware attached previously and downgrade the firmware and than flash DDWRT.

I just purchased WR841N v11 EU and used the attachment posted earlier and it all went well. Thanks to the awesome guys here.
TREG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
mh3g wrote:

Flash the file in the attachment. Is a version unlocked of firmware based on TL-WR841ND_V11_150616.

Very Happy

hey-

did i miss something? why is this file removed? the original source is gone too and this isn't available for download anywhere else.

thanks,
mav27
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:02    Post subject: Attachment missing. Reply with quote
Attachment is missing. Where can we find it.

mh3g wrote:

Very Happy

deja vu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:11    Post subject: Can't find the link! Reply with quote
Can anyone fix the link it is broken.
thanks in advance
kman445
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 16:11    Post subject: Re: Can't find the link! Reply with quote
deja vu wrote:
Can anyone fix the link it is broken.
thanks in advance

If you are signed into your account on this forum and go to the first page. The post by mh3g has the firmware attached and works. I just downloaded it
donfender
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 20:37    Post subject: ...still have issue Reply with quote
Hi Everyone
Hi have flashed with the firmware posted in this topic, but when i try to installa the DD-WRT firware i still having :

Error code: 18005 Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

could someone help me to solve it?
thanks in advance for your help

p.s. I have also tryed to use TFTP method, but the server doesn't send the file to the router.
plazma
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to dig the old thread, just linking back an updated version of the lan to lan port fix script:

*Note lan port startup script fix: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1038126#1038126
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: