WRT1200AC v2 - DD-WRT to Factory?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
g00z
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 22:24    Post subject: WRT1200AC v2 - DD-WRT to Factory? Reply with quote
Hello guys. I have been a great spectator of this forum and from now, will try to be a good collaborator when my knowledge permits it.

Now, talking about WRT1200AC V2, I'm wondering if someone has set back the factory firmware using the Kong's tool (http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-MVEBU/LinksysFW/)?

The filename shows no version for the WRT1200AC file, however, I have read that there is major changes between V1 and V2.

Does any one has tried to revert the DD-WRT installation?

On the other hand, is safe to update newer/different versions of DDWRT FW using the update menu? I mean, I would like to try the BrainSlayer version on a router with the Kong's version installed.

Thanks a lot in advance guys.
Sponsor
Neozen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 22:32    Post subject: Re: WRT1200AC v2 - DD-WRT to Factory? Reply with quote
g00z wrote:
Hello guys. I have been a great spectator of this forum and from now, will try to be a good collaborator when my knowledge permits it.

Now, talking about WRT1200AC V2, I'm wondering if someone has set back the factory firmware using the Kong's tool (http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-MVEBU/LinksysFW/)?

The filename shows no version for the WRT1200AC file, however, I have read that there is major changes between V1 and V2.

On the other hand, is safe to update newer/different versions of DDWRT FW using the update menu? I mean, I would like to try the BrainSlayer version on a router with the Kong's version installed.

I also have a WTR1200AC-V2, and I can attest that Kong's DD-WRT to Factory works for the V2 as well. It took me back to version 1.xxx and I quickly updated manually back to the latest version, which is 2.XX.

Now I just keep my Partition 1 with stock FW and Partition 2 with DD-WRT, just in case.

I'm not sure where you read about the big differences between the WRT1200 V1 and V2. From what I've read, the difference is mostly in the WiFi...

Yes, it's safe to update to different versions of DD-WRT, but ALWAYS clear NVRAM and NEVER use a backup file for a different version of DD-WRT. However, keep in mind, there are occasions when a new version of DD-WRT can cause your router to be stuck in a boot loop and the only way to recover is by accessing the CFE console...
g00z
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 23:00    Post subject: Re: WRT1200AC v2 - DD-WRT to Factory? Reply with quote
Neozen wrote:
g00z wrote:

I also have a WTR1200AC-V2, and I can attest that Kong's DD-WRT to Factory works for the V2 as well. It took me back to version 1.xxx and I quickly updated manually back to the latest version, which is 2.XX.

Now I just keep my Partition 1 with stock FW and Partition 2 with DD-WRT, just in case.

I'm not sure where you read about the big differences between the WRT1200 V1 and V2. From what I've read, the difference is mostly in the WiFi...

Yes, it's safe to update to different versions of DD-WRT, but ALWAYS clear NVRAM and NEVER use a backup file for a different version of DD-WRT. However, keep in mind, there are occasions when a new version of DD-WRT can cause your router to be stuck in a boot loop and the only way to recover is by accessing the CFE console...

Thanks for the fast reply Neozen.

Actually, I made a typo Embarassed What I meant was: There is NO major changes between V1 and V2.

I will try to revert the DD-WRT installation in a couple hours!

Thanks again.
Shad0w480
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, i also have a question about the WRT1200ac v2, i've heard that i can't do a flash with the original linksys firmware or ill brick the router, so i already downloaded the firmware from kong's web WRT1200AC_ddwrt-to-factory.img.bin, but i don't know how to roll back from the DD-WRT, i need a tool or something? after the factory reset i can install then the linksys v2 original firmware? thanks Confused
ghb51
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shad0w480 wrote:
Hi, i also have a question about the WRT1200ac v2, i've heard that i can't do a flash with the original linksys firmware or ill brick the router, so i already downloaded the firmware from kong's web WRT1200AC_ddwrt-to-factory.img.bin, but i don't know how to roll back from the DD-WRT, i need a tool or something? after the factory reset i can install then the linksys v2 original firmware? thanks Confused

No tool needed, just open the DD-WRT gui @ 192.168.1.1, go to the Administration tab, then the Firmware Upgrade tab, install Kongs build from there, once the original Linksys is installed you can update to the latest version with the original Linksys firmware from their site. You'll probably have to clear your browsers cache after installing Kongs build to be able to see the original Linksys gui.
kunterbunth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey guys, just wondering, whats the difference between v1 and v2, and more importantly, how do i know which one I have?? i searched the web.. didn't find anything.. Sad

*edit: If I am correct, v2 has printed "rev 02" somewhere near the model number.
I have no v2 printed on the model number label, so i guess its v1?
Neozen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
kunterbunth wrote:
hey guys, just wondering, whats the difference between v1 and v2, and more importantly, how do i know which one I have?? i searched the web.. didn't find anything.. Sad

*edit: If I am correct, v2 has printed "rev 02" somewhere near the model number.
I have no v2 printed on the model number label, so i guess its v1?

Yes, my WRT1200 V2 has "WTR1200V2" printed on the sticker...

But it doesn't matter, with the latest DD-WRT firmware, there is basically no distinction between WRT1200 V1 and V2.
americanninja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone know where I can get this file. Kong's FTP server no longer appears to be hosting these files. The entire folder it was in, is now gone and I really need this file.

I have tried using the Linksys stock firmware image to flash through the dd-wrt interface, but it seems to do nothing.

The router reboots and comes back with dd-wrt still running.

I have been a long time user of dd-wrt on the old wrt linksys routers, and the newer E4200 and E1900 and have never had this problem.

Its like Im stuck with dd-wrt currently.
jimmyco2008
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
+1

Just tryin to get back to stock Confused

EDIT: there ya go http://source.wifihell.com/3-DD-WRT-KONG/K3-AC-MVEBU/LinksysFW/ used the WRT1200AC one to flash my WRT1200AC **V2** back to stock Linksys firmware.
themanknownassting
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having one hell of a time getting this dd-wrt router back to Linksys stock. I followed the instructions to the letter, but not sure what I am doing wrong.

Current dd-wrt version : V3-R32170 std (06-01-17)
Downloaded WRT1900AC-ddwrt-to-factory.img
Run that file in Admin - Firmware upgrade.

Restarts and goes Back to v3-R32170.

I really need to get back to stock. Can anyone let me know what I may be doing wrong?
jeffmd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
as someone who is getting the 1200ac, what is it about ddwrt that is making you want to revert back to stock firmware?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: