Nighthawk X10 (R9000)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
navigates
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
ibreakit wrote:
Just an update from my experiences - it does work once configured correctly.

Uptime: 4 days, no drop outs
DL Speed via LAN: 980MB/s
DL Speed via WLAN (my PC is low): 100MB/s
DL Speed via openVPN client: 10-50MB/s

WLAN does drop out every now and then, but comes back immediately, i'm not entirely sure why at this stage.

Which exact firmware are you on? Also when you reboot, does the vlanid stay? or do we have to put this in the startup script.
Sponsor
ibreakit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r32170M kongal (06/02/17)

Up now for 7 days, no issues, running Optware, openvpn client and some proxying, seems pretty solid.

Yea, you'll need to put it in a startup script, or via the gui 'commands' tab.
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ive a question about this router and dd-wrt.
apologies if it has already been said but I didn't go through all 30 pages to find the answer.
Does DD-wrt keep support for the plex server that was built into the stock firmware?
If so, anyone using it & how well does it work?
Can it transcode decent 1080p, 4k?

Currently I use my NVidia Sheild for plex and its awesome. If the router can do it just as well AND support is there in 3rd party firmware then I might consider purchasing this beast of a router.

My R7000 is awesome, still going strong but at some point one has to consider what to replace it with.

** update **
Thank you Nitrus.
I was afraid of that. Though it sounds like it is still a beast of a router. Would be nice to have a package that could install plex on dd-wrt.

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152

Last edited by slidermike on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:15; edited 1 time in total
NiTrus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
slidermike wrote:
apologies if it has already been said but I didn't go through all 30 pages to find the answer.
Does DD-wrt keep support for the plex server that was built into the stock firmware?

Currently I use my NVidia Sheild for plex and its awesome. If the router can do it just as well AND support is there in 3rd party firmware then I might consider purchasing this beast of a router.

My R7000 is awesome, still going strong but at some point one has to consider what to replace it with.

ddwrt does not support plex..

Navigates123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
slidermike wrote:

** update **
Thank you Nitrus.
I was afraid of that. Though it sounds like it is still a beast of a router. Would be nice to have a package that could install plex on dd-wrt.

Wrong place to say this but skip this router if you want a stable working solution. Vlan ID isin't stable. Loss of WAN's. Get the Asus 5300 and add Merlin to it. a lot better than this if you want VPN's.
Tyke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Navigates123 wrote:
slidermike wrote:

** update **
Thank you Nitrus.

Wrong place to say this but skip this router if you want a stable working solution. Vlan ID isin't stable. Loss of WAN's. Get the Asus 5300 and add Merlin to it. a lot better than this if you want VPN's.

Sadly I have to agree. So far my experience with this router has not been good comapred to Asus with Merlin.
Navigates123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tyke wrote:
Navigates123 wrote:
slidermike wrote:

** update **
Thank you Nitrus.

Sadly I have to agree. So far my experience with this router has not been good comapred to Asus with Merlin.

Specially if you use hggomes firmware which has the TX values improved including Merlin.
Tyke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashed the latest bios to my R9000 yesterday. It is working OK but the interface is coming up all garbled so I cannot access anything! Tried resetting the bios but same thing.
Any suggestions?
yodog
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tyke wrote:
Flashed the latest bios to my R9000 yesterday. It is working OK but the interface is coming up all garbled so I cannot access anything! Tried resetting the bios but same thing.
Any suggestions?

Try telnetting into the router with Putty and after logging in (root/password) then type "erase nvram" then type "reboot" and see if that helps. Your settings will be lost when you do this and it will reset your router essentially.
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
yodog wrote:
Tyke wrote:
Any suggestions?

Try telnetting into the router with Putty and after logging in (root/password) then type "erase nvram" then type "reboot" and see if that helps. Your settings will be lost when you do this and it will reset your router essentially.

It won't. Read the new build thread.

R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq - AdBlocking)
janthony6
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Left DDWRT for a better firmware. If anyone is interested, Voxel's firmware is incredibly fast. My wifi speed and reach on both 2.4 and 5ghz went up about 100mbps. I installed it on both the r7800 and r9000. he basically repackaged and updated netgears stock firmware so it still has hardware acceleration.

he just posted a new version of it that enables the dfs channels on the r9000 - that was the only thing missing for me. anybody else try it yet?
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
janthony6 wrote:
Left DDWRT for a better firmware. If anyone is interested, Voxel's firmware is incredibly fast. My wifi speed and reach on both 2.4 and 5ghz went up about 100mbps. I installed it on both the r7800 and r9000. he basically repackaged and updated netgears stock firmware so it still has hardware acceleration.

he just posted a new version of it that enables the dfs channels on the r9000 - that was the only thing missing for me. anybody else try it yet?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=310267

R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq - AdBlocking)
Booster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xeon2k8 wrote:
janthony6 wrote:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=310267

Seeing this post got me excited to use ddwrt again. Tested the latest build on some older MIPS routers and saw and average 300% increase in WAN to LAN speeds.

Flashed ddwrt on my R9000 last night and getting gigabit WAN to LAN speeds with really no load on the CPU.

Great stuff BS!
ere109
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Long-time DD-WRT lover, I just got a new R9000 after three hardware defective 8500's in a row. I'm going to stick with stock firmware while it's under warranty. It looks like they're still adjusting this firmware.

Have Kong and/or Brainslayer gotten test models yet? Happy to contribute to the general fund.
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
ere109 wrote:
Long-time DD-WRT lover, I just got a new R9000 after three hardware defective 8500's in a row. I'm going to stick with stock firmware while it's under warranty. It looks like they're still adjusting this firmware.

Have Kong and/or Brainslayer gotten test models yet? Happy to contribute to the general fund.

With a bit of reading
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1067029#1067029

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 45, 46, 47  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 30 of 47
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: