Linksys WRT160n v2 issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
lilkuz2005
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 16:31    Post subject: Linksys WRT160n v2 issues Reply with quote
Hello all, i have a major issue with the wrt160n v2 router, i was messing with openwrt and managed to flash it, the LAN or WAN ports are not responding now, so i got out my usb serial adapter and soldered some pins and im able to access the router over serial connection, openwrt is loading up, im trying to flash the linksys stock firmware over serial because the LAN ports stopped working, when i reboot the router and quickly CRT+C the U-Boot tftp server starts and informs me its listening on port 69, i cant issue any commands at this point, can anyone tell me if there is something im doing wrong here ?
I'm using minicom in linux and i have setup the ttyUSB0 up correctly, i was getting the same issue in windows with putty. any help on getting some U-Boot commands to send or some other ideas on how to get the stock firmware flashed back to this router would be greatly appreciated
Sponsor
lilkuz2005
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have spent the last couple days researching uboot as well as openwrt console commands and how to use tools like kermit and ymodem, i have tried to execute the nvram erase command at the uboot prompt, i have also tried this in openwrt's prompt as well, can anyone tell me the correct memory values for the nvram and the proper commands to erase it ?
lilkuz2005
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
The version of uboot that's installed on this router is 1.1.3 and it seems to be a stripped down version that is lacking the instructions for Kermit or ymodem. So there is no way to transfer files to the flash via serial connection. I'm not sure if a newer version of the uboot bootloader can be installed on the router. I will still need to connect to the router via the jtag port. I am using the flashcat usb jtag tool. I think it's the new model to blackcat usb. It only has 10 pins and the router has a 14 pin port. When I get home from work I will attempt to solder some wires to the port and see if my programmer can recognize the cpu. Can anyone with any jtag experience care to chime in and let me know if the flashcat usb can be used to reflash the firmware. Can I upgrade the uboot bootloader with it ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: