The Onion Router Project info-configuration

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Proself
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:53    Post subject: The Onion Router Project info-configuration Reply with quote
Does anyone have any info on this setting on the router? Is it the same as running a Tor relay on separate PC? If so I see a few options missing like ORPort, DirPort, and contact info. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:53    Post subject: Re: The Onion Router Project info-configuration Reply with quote
Proself wrote:
Does anyone have any info on this setting on the router? Is it the same as running a Tor relay on separate PC? If so I see a few options missing like ORPort, DirPort, and contact info. Any help would be appreciated.

Some info in old thread
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=946129

Other folks can likely tell you more
Proself
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 22:10    Post subject: Re: The Onion Router Project info-configuration Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
Proself wrote:

Some info in old thread
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=946129

Other folks can likely tell you more

I had seen that initially before posting. Doesn't help me in my situation. Plus the thread confuses VPNs with Tor Or maybe VPNs with a Tor Relay. I want to know if I can run a relay or is this configuration for VPN access. I will keep looking for more info but thanks for trying.
Proself
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
A week and no one actually knows anything about this? I just need to know if there is any documentation out there for it and I will happily read up about it. TIA.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://www.torproject.org
Proself
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright let's try this again. I checked /help/HServices.asp I've looked online. There is no info to assist with this. I know what Tor is that's why I'm here trying to get more info about this setting on the page. If it's to setup a relay there is missing info. If it's so something I do not know what. Can someone please point me me in some sort of reasonable direction and not just link the tor page like I'm an idiot who can't google? Any info to help properly setup this feature would be great. TIA.
Proself
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Onion rings in the car cushions do not improve with time. --Erma Bombeck
Proself
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
If you can't think like an onion or a carrot or a tomato, you may be a technician, but you won't understand what you're doing, and your dish will be flat. --Eric Ripert
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Proself wrote:
A week and no one actually knows anything about this? I just need to know if there is any documentation out there for it and I will happily read up about it. TIA.

I have tried too, no one seems to know.

I have figured out how to use it transparently, but cannot access the router after, to switch it back to normal. I do not want it on all the time, just want to toggle it on and off when I want to.
Proself
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know there are tons of things still a WIP on the firmware but I feel like anyone who felt like adding this feature would at least put a minimal amount of documentation to help guide the few of us who were interested. Everyone usually just keep repeating the party line. If I could get a relay running on all the routers I've already got setup (without any additional hardware) that'd be so nice.
jclendineng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read the thread....jeez the op was asking a question...links to tor project are dumb, the question was HOW TO use it with the new setting in ddwrt. And then a link to a thread that tells one how to set up a vpn. There is a vpn on ddwrt it is SEPARATE from TOR. Wink question was pretty basic. This is what gives ddwrt a bad rap.
ronnyromero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
im also asking myself the same question.
I already have an OpenVPNclient setup (tigerVPN) already working on my DDWRT AC1900v1 router, but I just noticed the TOR setting in the router and was wondering whats it doing in DDWRT? would I benefit from it?
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
If anyone is successfully using the tor setting in ddwrt, and logging into the router after to disable tor, can you share your settings please?

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
ronnyromero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I put it on enable, all boxes on, rebooted, lost access and had to reset the router. Fortunately, I had a backup of the configuration file.

I too would appreciate if someone could put up something with configuration and expected results for all the options. Im using a VPN already, but seems TOR+VPN could be a nice CYA move (not that I'm doing anything wrong).

im on a 1900ACv1 with BrainSlayer r31791
thejumpingsheep
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
ronnyromero wrote:
I put it on enable, all boxes on, rebooted, lost access and had to reset the router. Fortunately, I had a backup of the configuration file.

I too would appreciate if someone could put up something with configuration and expected results for all the options. Im using a VPN already, but seems TOR+VPN could be a nice CYA move (not that I'm doing anything wrong).

im on a 1900ACv1 with BrainSlayer r31791

Same here. Im using a EA6400 and its working great but as soon as I turn on TOR transparent proxy, everything gets refused and I have to do a hard reset. Would love to get some expert help on this.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: