Quick Question for Upgrading DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
zhdenny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 17:35    Post subject: Quick Question for Upgrading DD-WRT Reply with quote
Easy question. I'm looking to upgrade my old DD-WRT image to the latest available for my Netgear R6700

I don't see a .bin for the R6700 listed anymore though....there is only a .chk file.
http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/

I see there is a all-inclusive "dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD_128K.bin" file which is supposed to work for all models.....but if you read the "supported models" file, it does NOT list R6700.

How am I supposed to upgrade my old DD-WRT on the R6700? I've read somewhere that DD-WRT GUI will accept both .bin and .chk upgrades....is that True? And I assume it is necessary to reset/wipe DD-WRT settings clean before the upgrade and to NOT restore any prior backup setting files.
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use the .chk file.

It's not necessary to reset at upgrade, but if new variables have been introduced between the versions you may get issues because they are not initialised. It will depend how old build you are upgrading from.

To reset tick the Reset To Factory option when you flash the new build.

With Kong Builds you can also use the ddup utility to upgrade.
zhdenny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm on 5/10/2016 currently.....
zhdenny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just for the record...I tried the ddup utility. The command spit back saying R6700 is NOT supported (as I guessed).

So I used the .chk file (without resetting my settings). Everything worked. Settings maintained. No issues updating!

Thanks for the help.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 23:11    Post subject: Re: Quick Question for Upgrading DD-WRT Reply with quote
zhdenny wrote:

I see there is a all-inclusive "dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD_128K.bin" file which is supposed to work for all models.....but if you read the "supported models" file, it does NOT list R6700.

The STD_128K you mention is for the R6400 ONLY as stated in the supported models file.

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
zhdenny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:48    Post subject: Re: Quick Question for Upgrading DD-WRT Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
zhdenny wrote:

The STD_128K you mention is for the R6400 ONLY as stated in the supported models file.

I meant dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin...That one is the closet thing to the R6700...but it isn't supported.

Nonetheless.....what is interesting is that there is no .bin file for the R6700.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: