WNDR3800 wifi problem for some clients

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
wiiNinja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 15:31    Post subject: WNDR3800 wifi problem for some clients Reply with quote
Hello,

I've recently flashed my WNDR3800 with release r29218. Everything seem to be working well except that some devices in my network cannot connect to the main, physical Wifi interface, but CAN connect to the guest/virtual Wifi interfaces that I setup. I have done some googling and searching in these forums, but could not find anything useful. Does anyone know if this is an issue the firmware I'm running?

Also, I noticed that for WNDR3800 releases, beyond release 29218, the size of the firmware jumped from 8M to 14M. Where can I find release notes to see what changes were made? Thanks for any info.

Edit: I found the release notes: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=279466
Sponsor
wiiNinja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found the problem: It was the MAC filtering for the physical interfaces (but not the virtual interfaces). The settings may have flipped after an update. I did not start the settings from scratched after an update, but rather restored the previous settings because I read that staying with the same version of firmware after an update typically may not require starting from scratch. Anywho, things are back to normal. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: