ASUS RT-N15 Router

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Muttontop
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:03    Post subject: ASUS RT-N15 Router Reply with quote
Hi sorry if this is in the wrong section but I am new to this forum, please forgive me. I have been advised by eibgrab that his might be the correct forum to answer this question. I have an ASUS RT N15 router on which I want to flash with the correct dd-wrt software/firmware. At present I've looked on the Router database and although it says supported (yes in green) when I click on the actual router the page that opens seems to be very short of detail and not very easy to understand and also says that this is a WIP. I am trying to make this router a secondary router with a VPN so that I can feed an Amazon Firestick through it.
Can anybody help me with this problem or point me to an updated site where I can obtain the correct dd-wrt information and instructions?
Thanks
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look here. http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Asus

Dot use the router database.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 16:19    Post subject: ASUS RT-N15 Router Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply, it would appear from that list that the RT-N15 Router is not supported even though the Router Database says it is! Is this the correct assumption? Any idea whether or not this router is likely to be supported within the near future as I purchased one based on the Router Data base saying it WAS supported? You say do not use the router database, why is this?
Thanks
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
There seems to be some confusion. In mother thread you said you have an rt-n15u. Here you say you have an rt-n15.
One is supported the other is not. You have to figure out for sure what you have.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 17:21    Post subject: ASUS RT-N15 Router Reply with quote
Hi, There seems to be a bit of confusion here, it's always been an RT-N15 in all my posts, didn't even know there was a RT-N15U.
Cheers
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry. I saw this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1066641&highlight=#1066641 and since you posted here, I figured you had the n15u, since it is Broadcom and thus is the Broadcom forum.
Your is supported according to the link I gave you earlier which has the first firmware which supported it.
The latest is here ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/02-07-2017-r31277/asus-rt-n15/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 19:10    Post subject: ASUS RT-N15 Router Reply with quote
Thank you for the link, this gives me the .BIN and .TRX files I ned but with no instructions on how to install them. These are Beta files but I am willing to give it a go, but I am new to this flashing scene and I don't have the expertise to attempt this yet without some instructions. Any thoughts on where I could find instructions (or whether you could supply some) would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
As the name implies, if you are on factory firmware you would flash the factory to dd-wrt to go from factory to dd-wrt.
The bin files are for future upgrade/downgrade once on dd-wrt.
Flash from the asus upgrade page, and reset to factory default within dd-wrt after flashing and then set it up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:52    Post subject: ASUS RT-N15 Router Reply with quote
Hi
Thanks for all of the replies, I've now decided that a Linksys router (WRT54G) looks like the most promising solution instead of the ASUS router.
Could someone advise how to close this topic, many thanks.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
An old G router instead? Ok. I'll lock it.

Navigation

Jump to: