WDS and STP Not Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
flipper9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 0:55    Post subject: WDS and STP Not Working Reply with quote
I've scoured the wiki and countless web pages regarding setting up WDS and tweaking STP, however I can't seem to get WDS to work reliably between 4 routers all with the same version of DD-WRT (the latest Kong build) and using the same Netgear R6250 routers. Has anyone used WDS lately to success?

Build: DD-WRT v3.0-r31205M kongac (02/03/17)

Router: 192.168.1.1
AP: 192.168.1.2-4

I've setup all with STP enabled. I've looked through the STP wiki entries however none seem to elect a master by setting the router using setbridgeprio=99. I've configured the WDS page for the 5Ghz radio with various combinations using the correct MAC addresses (yes triple, quadruple checked over many hours and hours) for neighboring devices, and even used the Lazy WDS option a few times (doesn't seem to be working) without any success.

I've currently got the routers and all APs successfully connected using power-line Ethernet successfully, but in my particular situation (old home with poor wiring, and rental so running regular ethernet cables while the best option IS NOT AN OPTION) the speeds are sub-par. Using wireless should theoretically give me faster speeds when transferring files and WDS (or if some other kind of mesh networking was available) as I can connect my laptop far away to the AP connected to my server using Wireless AC at a reasonable speed.

Anyone know if WDS is not working, or STP is not working in the current builds? I can't find any recent posts anywhere making DD-WRT enable wireless roaming like is found in new products such as Google Wifi.
Sponsor
flipper9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump? Anyone?
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
The 2.4 radio for WDS will probably be much less problematic for you.
I don't have your router but dd-wrt & 5GHz can still be fussy especially if you throw WDS at it.
Wondering how you have the 4 routers linked? Three to one (main), in series linked to each other, or some other combination.
Also I have found that another WDS network (different SSID & ch) on same subnet seems to cause problems with each other -- this
can include printer networking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: