Android as AP via USB connection to PdaNet+

lochtefeldm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 20:44    Post subject: Android as AP via USB connection to PdaNet+ Reply with quote
Let me start with a little preface.
Previous setup : WAN Connection Type- iPhone Tethering
So I used an iPhone LTE connection via USB as the internet source for my router, connected all of my devices to the router, was a great experience with 20-60Mbps connection.

Now T-Mobile has throttled my tether connection to 512Kbps...

I also have an Galaxy S7, I have downloaded an app PdaNet+ which allows me to tether while hiding traffic so I do not get throttled. I connect to my computer via usb and connect the desktop client and app.

I would like to know if there is any possibility of connecting my Galaxy S7 via USB to my router and have the traffic masked by PdaNet+. I know DD-WRT has a mobile broadband option build in as a connection type, maybe some mashup with these settings?

Running DD-WRT v3.0-r30020M kongac (06/26/16)

All of my traffic is also going thru a VPN IPVanish via OpenVPN, both on my phones themselves, and via my router. It was origianally my hope that would prevent t-mobile from throttling the connection.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: