How to configure DD-WRT for ONT Fiber ISP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
insomniaholic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 20:13    Post subject: How to configure DD-WRT for ONT Fiber ISP Reply with quote
Hi kids,

I'm trying to configure my dd-wrt for a new ISP(rocket fiber) and I can't get internet with dd-wrt.

They provide you with a Zyxel router, which I tested and works fine. Using DHCP.

Here's what I did:
I completely restored dd-wrt to factory defaults.
Tried all combinations of restarting all devices.
Called rocket fiber tech support, they said they could ping the router.
Linksys wrt 1900 has a solid amber color for internet port meaning the connection is down due to configuration issue.

How do I configure ww-drt for an ONT fiber connection?

Thanks so much for any help in advance.
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you connected it to the correct port on the modem?

https://support.myrepublic.com.sg/hc/en-us/articles/202899434-What-is-the-ONT-modem-and-basic-troubleshooting-
Dave_D
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a similar problem.

If you have enough space to have two routers in place, leave the Zyxel connected to the ONT, set up the subnet as eg 192.168.100.x then hook up 1900 with a Cat6 cable and a fixed IP address. Turn off wifi on the Zyxel as you don't need it.

Set up the 1900 with external address 192.168.100.1 and then create all your internal subnets in DDWRT eg subnet 192.168.1.x. Run all your clients on the DDWRT.

It adds an extra jump in the path, maybe adds a layer of security, and doesn't cost any noticeable speed for my 200Mbps fibre.
shmerl
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
You might need to release DHCP lease for the old router. I had to do it with my provider, after connecting my own router to the ONT. One way to do it, is to connect the old router, find in its interface an option to release DHCP, trigger it, and then turn it off right away before it has a chance to renew it. Another way is to copy its MAC address, and to mimic it in the new router. This way you can release DHCP lease from it as well.

If you can't do it from your end, you can call their support, and they should be able to do it for you. Besides that, you don't need anything special. Regular DHCP should work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: