Compiling RT-AC56U

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
edgofrea1ity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 15:31    Post subject: Compiling RT-AC56U Reply with quote
I'm in the process of trying to put together a definitive process for changing the ASUS RT-AC56U over to DD-WRT as I have not really found a "Step-by-step" guide. I myself am still struggling with a couple things. I have flashed the router with "asus_rt-ac56u-firmware.trx".

1) After I flash the ASUS firmware with the DD-WRT, and do the erase NVRAM through Telnet, upon reboot it will bring me to the change password. I do that. Then if I do a normal reboot, or say power failure, it comes back up to the ASUSTek - CFE miniWeb Server. I can click "Reboot" and it comes back up to DD-WRT OS. And I do not have to log into my router. What step am I missing?

2) I have seen that the build "dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin" is the update for this router. Will I just upload that through the firmware upgrade tab in DD-WRT followed by a Telnet erase NVRAM, or do I just do the firmware upgrade with no erase NVRAM?
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can flash it using the firmware here ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/ or using the arm std.bin here http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/

You can do a reset to factory default through the GUI or erase nvram.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for getting back with me. I've got the right FW loaded, it's just that any time the router reboots it goes straight back to the ASUSTek - CFE page. I can click Reboot on that page and it boots directly into DD-WRT.
edgofrea1ity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, I think i realize what has been happening. If you reboot your router and leave your web browser open, it will re-open the CFE page, but if you let it boot up for a few more seconds it will load DD-WRT as it should.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Correct.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Time to start writing. But, before I do that, they don't have this somewhere else do they? I don't want you to have to do a ton of work, just asking if you know off hand.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is already widely known.

Navigation

Jump to: