Yamon3 - Bill Roll-over Day

kradkins64
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 15:53    Post subject: Yamon3 - Bill Roll-over Day Reply with quote
My ISP rolls over on the day before the last day of the month. Ex: December 30th is the last day for December. December 31st is the 1st day of the next monthly cycle.

My guess is that they need to run their AM roll-over the 1st day of the month. Instead of AM the last day of the month with almost an entire day left to capture.

Anyway to set the monthly roll-over day for each month? Or provide the roll-over day in the web interface to easily set the roll-over day each month.
Sponsor
artyddwrt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good question. I don't think so, but it would seem to me it shouldn't be too hard to check on a particular date / day as opposed to at month roll-overall. I wonder if this question has been asked before? I can't imagine you being the only one with this situation. I wouldn't be surprised if there is something about this in the current yamon 3 thread.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289324&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1230
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:48    Post subject: Re: Yamon3 - Bill Roll-over Day Reply with quote
kradkins64 wrote:
My ISP rolls over on the day before the last day of the month. Ex: December 30th is the last day for December. December 31st is the 1st day of the next monthly cycle.

My guess is that they need to run their AM roll-over the 1st day of the month. Instead of AM the last day of the month with almost an entire day left to capture.

Anyway to set the monthly roll-over day for each month? Or provide the roll-over day in the web interface to easily set the roll-over day each month.

Sorry for not responding sooner... just saw this message. Short answer, YAMon is not setup to work with a moving reset day... and TBH, I've not heard of this sort of billing by and ISP before.

It might be possible to add this capability but I'll have to think on it for a bit.

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:37    Post subject: Re: Yamon3 - Bill Roll-over Day Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
kradkins64 wrote:

Sorry for not responding sooner... just saw this message. Short answer, YAMon is not setup to work with a moving reset day... and TBH, I've not heard of this sort of billing by and ISP before.

It might be possible to add this capability but I'll have to think on it for a bit.

Al

I think there is a relatively simple what to modify things to account for your situation... the current problem is that the code currently expects the file name for the monthly data file to include the ISP rollover date... e.g., the file name for my current billing interval is 2017-04-05-mac_date.js (because my ISP's bills run from the 5th of this month to the 4th of the next).

The day number is not particularly relevant(but it's been named that way for 4+ years now)... I could conceivably drop the day number for your situation - i..e, name your file: 2017-04-mac_date.js this month and 2017-05-mac_date.js next. It will require some (careful changes on the router and in the reports)... if/when I go ahead with it, I will require your assistance for testing.

I hope this helps.

Al
kradkins64
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm mostly interested in identifying which devices are hogging up our monthly data usage. Matching data usage with my ISP provider to the day isn't as important but being close is good.

I changed my congif.file to day 1 instead of day 31. I'll always be one day off in the billing cycle. The only time that becomes a big problem is if the kids use a bunch of data on the last day of the month.

My situation may not be useful for all of your users. The system would still need to know from this day to that day to define the month billing cycle.

I could help test if you wanted to enhance the product. But I'm short on time during the week. I'd only be able to test during weekends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: