Kong DDWRT Netgear r6700 taking a long time to boot after re

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Firestw152
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 16:19    Post subject: Kong DDWRT Netgear r6700 taking a long time to boot after re Reply with quote
So my r6700 is taking a very long time to reboot I have not timed it but its almost 20 minutes maybe half an hour to reboot. Lets just say it takes between 10-30 minutes to reboot. It does something weird like its in a boot loop or something. The lights turn on and then it goes in the process of booting by each light turning on after the other and then when it looks like it should be back up and running the lights turn off and the power LED turns orange and it looks like it restarted again instead of turning on.

Can anyone help with whats going on? After I restart it from the ddwrt browser/ddwrt companion app/power button it takes a very long time to fully reboot and start working not sure whats going on. Seems like its in a bootloop after I restart it but that's not necessarily it because it still turns on after a while right?

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31575M kongac (03/21/17
Sponsor
Kloze
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow that sounds like a bad situation. if I was running into an issue like that with my r7000 I would do the power off and power on test. But since you already did that, I would try the following or someone else can recommend another way to make sure its not a hardware issue rather than a bad flash issue.

1) somehow ssh into the router and erase nvram

2) flash your build of choice or since you are using Kong, you can ddup under a ssh session. Once its done flashing for my own reasoning, I would leave the router alone for like 5 minutes. In my mind it allows the flash to complete whatever the heck its doing.

3) ssh back into the router after the flash and sit process. do another erase nvram. let sit another couple mins.

4) once all the lights come back on and everything appears to stabilize, then I would physically power off the unit, wait about 10 secs, and then power back on.

I do this process for almost all of my flashes and never had major issues with the operation of the unit. Good luck man
Firestw152
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 23:16    Post subject: Found out why I think. Reply with quote
So if I have my computer connected via Ethernet to the router then the router takes forever to reboot. But if I do not have my computer plugged in, it reboots in less then 2 minutes. Now why is this happening?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: