How to Create a Mesh Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2
vit5421
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
No luck, The problem is still the same coz router is not managing the switch as powerful network controller do and my client stay on very low signal. Btw, there is a nice option in Merlin ASUS software with setting for roaming threshold but its not available in DDWRT.
It will be nice to consider

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
After non-stop issues with multi WIFI AP's I decided to try one of the newer Mesh systems being sold. I picked up a Deco 5 by TP link and so far it's been very impressive, I've been able to roam pretty seamlessly from one AP to another without issue.

What's more is I even reached out to the end of the driveway which was previously unthinkable. I've been very happy with the system so far.

So why am I here? Well back at my house I have the same WiFi hell. I've tried all the recommended configurations. It seems but they always cause me grief.

I would love to continue to use my older routers which are flashed with DDWRT, but I'm wondering if there is a better way to allow the routers to communicate to each other sort of like these newer mesh systems which will kick a client off by deauthing if it's deemed that the client can connect to a stronger AP.

So far all the info on this thread has been great but I'm wondering if DDWRT will plan to go to this direction. I feel this is one of the biggest issues for ALL wifi.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's available with Atheros. This is from a R7800 with Kong build:

Code:
Drop Clients with Low Signal
Minimum Signal for authenticate=-128
Minimum Signal for connection=-128
Poll Time for signal lookup=10
Amount of allowed low signals=3
vit5421
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is no mesh system with Atheros kong builds just disconnection bashed on thresholds and its hard to setup and you can connect to lowest signal.
The mesh system have to provide the seamless roaming without hard switching and unfortunately its not available in ddwrt

Navigation

Jump to: