Bandwidth Limit - DD-WRT Micro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dabgdk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 19:27    Post subject: Bandwidth Limit - DD-WRT Micro Reply with quote
Router Model
Asus WL-520GU/GC
Firmware Version
DD-WRT v24 (05/24/0Cool micro - build 9526

(Model is WL-520GC, not GU).

I am trying to implement a bandwidth limit on my laptop's IP for testing purposes.

I've followed the directions here: markmaunder.com/2011/01/26/how-to-reliably-limit-the-amount-of-bandwidth-your-room-mate-or-bad-office-colleague-uses/

Specifically, when I run the first command:

Code:

tc qdisc add dev br0 root handle 1: cbq avpkt 1000 bandwidth 2mbit

I get:

Code:

RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

Is it possible to set maximum bandwidth limits per IP on this build of DD WRT Micro? In my reading, I've gotten the impression that the 'tc' command depends on other code that may or may not be compiled into the kernel. Given that DD WRT Micro must fit into 2mb flash, I am beginning to suspect that something is missing that is required for this command to work.

Is my hunch correct? How can it be verified?
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes...you are correct....in order for Micro builds to fit on the 2M flash chips...many commands from busybox had to be stripped out. tc is one of them.

I don't have a list but there wasn't much left when it was all over.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Makes sense. I also got the impression that the 'tc' command has many options (it would take a lot of space).

As a matter of curiosity, how much space does the GUI take?

I wish it were possible to create custom firmware via a website (remote compile?). This router also doesn't support 802.1q VLAN tagging.

I looked into compiling DD-WRT Micro myself, but wow, reminded me of my attempt to compile the Debian kernel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: