DIR-890L

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
KayDes27
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 19:09    Post subject: DIR-890L Reply with quote
So I have the DIR-890L and I've flashed DD-WRT, followed the guide that I found on here. My 1st and 3rd wifi's run at 844mbps and 1300mbps but I can't get my 2.4ghz to come up past 144mbps. I'm on build r31899 which i believe is the newest. But I've also tried the build from the guide and a few others. It's always the same for that one interface. I've tried playing with the TX power, changing the channel, changing from 20mhz to 40. Even moved my router to a different spot. I've booted everyone off except myself, so it's not an issue of too much traffic. I'm in an apartment so I'm thinking it could have something to do with that. Anybody have any suggestions??

And also, even doing the reset back to factory settings and trying again, I also can't seem to get my power button from orange back to white.
Sponsor
PowerPoldi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I own a 890L as well. Unfortunatelly I'm currently on a business trip, so I won't have a chance to check on my router befor next weekend.

However, the clue will be 40MHz channelwidth and a correct setting of the extension channel.

Just for sure, is your 2,4GHz-wifi-client able to connect on higher speeds than 144Mbit/s?

Check with Inssider (PC) or Wifi Analyzer (Android) if your router boadcasts with 40MHz channel width.
KayDes27
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, I'll try that and maybe look around see what other people are using for settings, and yeah it used to run 500-600 and then one day it just dropped, sometimes it goes as low as 5.5mbps
PowerPoldi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've managed to use 2,4 ghz with 40MHz channel width today. Network mode: "N-Only"

I've got 300 Mbit/s connection on my Notebook, however my mobil devices only connected at max. 144 Mbit/s.

I'm using BS-Build: R31544 dated Feb. 28th,2017

After testing, I changed back to 20Mhz channel width due to the channel congestion in my living area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: