DD-WRT on Netgear R9000 slows down internet speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
elpatos84
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 19:56    Post subject: DD-WRT on Netgear R9000 slows down internet speed Reply with quote
I have a Netgear R9000 (X10) router and when using stock firmware I get to 220Mbit / second speeds, I use comcast internet

After I flash to DD-WRT firmware I can't get any speed over 33Mbit / Second
Not on WIFI or LAN

I tried to upgrade to the newest update from kong on 4/27 but same thing

I also tried to go back to stock and back to dd-wrt but same thing all over again

Anyone had this issue before?

Is it something I have to change in settings ? I would assume everything should be automatic

Please help
Sponsor
ts57
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Only thing that comes to mind is maybe you haven't cleared out NVRAM.

I had to do 30/30/30 on an e2500 router to clear out NVRAM. But maybe better to telnet in if you can.

telnet into router. erase nvram. set defaults. unplug router. reboot modem and wait until fully booted. then plug in router to boot that next.
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30

I have to reboot the modem when switching routers. Maybe switching from Netgear to DD-WRT firmware requires rebooting the modem too?

Try reflashing DD-WRT firmware if still not working.

Make sure you flash factory-to-ddwrt. Reboot. Then flash r9000-webupgrade. I'm not sure if 2nd firmware flash required but that's what I do and working great for me.
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
ts57 wrote:
Only thing that comes to mind is maybe you haven't cleared out NVRAM.

I had to do 30/30/30 on an e2500 router to clear out NVRAM. But maybe better to telnet in if you can.

telnet into router. erase nvram. set defaults. unplug router. reboot modem and wait until fully booted. then plug in router to boot that next.
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30

I have to reboot the modem when switching routers. Maybe switching from Netgear to DD-WRT firmware requires rebooting the modem too?

Try reflashing DD-WRT firmware if still not working.

Make sure you flash factory-to-ddwrt. Reboot. Then flash r9000-webupgrade. I'm not sure if 2nd firmware flash required but that's what I do and working great for me.

30-30-30 is ancient history now, it useless on ARM units. Issue erase nvram && reboot using telnet or Administration-Commands (or something like that) on GUI.

R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq - AdBlocking)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: