VLANs on Linksys and having them talk to each other

magic9669
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 20:40    Post subject: VLANs on Linksys and having them talk to each other Reply with quote
I am trying to do something which I think SHOULD be simple, but I cannot get it to work. I have a Cisco Linksys box (4 port and a WAN port) that is actually being used as a repeater. My HOME subnet is 192.168.50.0/24.

I have a lab setup of a bunch of Cisco gear to do CCIE labs on. I had all of this on my 50.0 network but the switches were acting up and causing any DHCP device to have a dupe IP for whatever reason. Rather than trying to figure out what is causing the issue, I figure to put the port that they connect to on the Linksys (Port 1) in a separate VLAN, give it it's own /24 (192.168.51.0) and have them talk to each other.

I went to Setup -> VLANs and put port 1 in VLAN 2.

I then went to Setup -> Networking and set VLAN2 as unbridged and gave it the 192.168.51.1 address as a /24. All devices in this network will be static so I don't need DHCP.

I am not good with command line on these guys so I put 2 ACCEPT lines in for the firewall but I now cannot access my linksys at the moment so I can't even copy and paste it in here.

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
bcarda
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:39    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote
More or less I have the same problem. As soon as I change anything in the VLAN-table (and apply the changes) in the interface, the router stops reacting at all and I have to reset it to defaults.

Did you find any solution?
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
VLAN configuration is chip-set dependant. Without knowing your router model and what chip-set it's based on, nothing can be done.

Post in the the hardware specific forum (Atheros, Broadcom or Marwell).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: