Linksys WRT1900AC v1 -No web GUI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
jacisinc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 16:47    Post subject: Linksys WRT1900AC v1 -No web GUI Reply with quote
I installed build per the database for my specific model and it appears to be working but i cannot get to the GUI to configure it. Any help?

Only issue during the setup was my 30-30-30 reboot may have failed as I realized I wasn't correctly pushing the reset button.

Details:
Tried to follow the instructions as best I could. Used the Linksys GUI to install. No error messages. Did a correct 30-30-30 and a reset after the install.
Chrome and Internet Explorer just hang trying to connect. WIFI now shows two new connections availalble: Linksys07368 and Linksys07368-5GHz.
Both ask for a key to connect - none I've tried appear to work. After trying again it does say I am connected. Properties say the IP is on 192.168.1.101.
Tried to connect that way it fails with the same results as 192.168.1.1.

Tried to use the FAQ about about the web interface found here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Firmware_FAQ#Why_can.27t_I_access_the_web_configuration_for_my_router.3F
Telnet won't work. Error message is: Could not open connection to host, on Port 23.
I can ping it with Ping 192.168.1.1 -t and I can see when it disconnects during a reboot. TTL is always 64. Never changes that I can see.

Tried to TFTP the image again but cannot ever seem to connect. I did try the suggestions on The Peacock Thread.

At this point I could go buy a new router but I'd rather not. Any help?
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is a Marvell router. I'm moving it to the appropriate forum.
Also read the plentiful posts about this unit.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can't help you as your router is not a Broadcom, but a marvell.

I'm sure the users in the Marvell Forum can help you.

This router have two partitions. Reboot it three times before it is fully started and it will boot the the previous firmware.
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also. have a look at the link in my signature, 2nd post. Please don't do 30-30-30, that will just cause you problems.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
First, do not do a 30/30/30 reset. Can brick router doing that. The instructions for 30/30/30 reset is for very old routers. All of the modern routers such as the WRT's just use the reset button.

Use on of the latest from the beta site.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/

Then read the thread referenced in my sig, especially the second entry.

--bill

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
jacisinc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is very helpful.Much clearer than the path I was on.

I'm trying to get it back to the stock firmware now.

I tried...

2. Turn it back on... the power light will illuminate and then go out briefly as it prepares to boot. As soon as it goes out, turn it off again. Repeat this step three times, leaving the router on after the third time you turn it off.
3. Let it boot. It should return to stock after you let it boot.

No effect. Still pinging it. Can't browse to it. FTPing is still not responding.

Any other options.

Thank you
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have found that sometimes, I have to turn it off and on, up to a dozen times,

I just reread your first post, your wireless networks are showing as Linksys? If this is the case, then I would suggest that when you did the unneccesary 30-30-30, your router rebooted back into Linksys. I would turn the router on, use the reset button, then clean your cache in explorer, and try to login again.

jacisinc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tried the reset, twice actually, and tried clearing the cache on Internet Explorer, twice, and I get nothing coming up in the browser window. I type 192.168.1.1 in the browser window and it still just hangs. I'll continue to try the restart, turn it off the on, for up to a dozen more times to see if that helps.

I do have wifi access via a WRT54G I have as a backup. I can browse to that via 192.168.1.1 when connected and get the gui. I turn off the wifi on my Win10 PC and plug the 1900AC into my laptop via a cat5 cable. I can ping it that way but no gui connection.

Right now the 1900AC lights are solid white for the power and blinking amber for the internet. I get a solid white led when connected via the cable.
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seems strange.

If it's new, you may want to exchange it. If you have Linksys SSID's showing up, then i don't think turning it off and on will do anything, you are already on Linksys firmware. Try a static IP on your laptop( if not already), and reboot everything, including your modem again.

Then leave it for awhile, don't touch it for a cpl of hours. Then try and login after it settles.

I am wondering if the 30-30-30 caused an issue, that process has been dead for a number of years.

Is there an IP address on the gateway when you try " ipconfig"

...........sorry, just thinking out loud............

jacisinc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gateway is 192.168.1.1
Trying a static IP of 192.168.1.50
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
it's there, then.

you said you had an older router. Can you put it into "AP" status, and connect it to the router you are trying to get to? Connect to your ap's wireless and see if you can get to 192.168.1.1, remember if you try this, to change the IP address of your AP to 192.168.1.2(or something).

You may want to even try everything with a different laptop/tablet/computer.

jacisinc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK. I can get to the older router but after that you lost me. Can you clarify?
Attaching snip of the old routers interface.
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was just thinking, if you turn it into an access point, plug it into your problem router and then connect to it's ssid, if that might just tweak whatever is going on, to allow you access via the web gui.

jacisinc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gave up. Found a local "expert" that will take a shot at it. Bought a new router in case we can't get it back. Thanks for all the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: