WRT1900AC - 5Ghz Not Enabling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
GodsRTM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 19:18    Post subject: WRT1900AC - 5Ghz Not Enabling Reply with quote
I had this issue previously in the past, My 5GHz network wouldn't enable and after changing the setting for Channel Width to VHT80 it started working after a reboot. Now, after factory resetting and putting settings back to the way they were (working before the reset) i cannot get my 5Ghz network to enable. Any help would be appreciated.

Some info:
Model: WRT1900AC V1
DD-WRT (Build 28628)

Current settings (they worked before the reset but aren't now)
Sponsor
Brewder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 19:27    Post subject: Re: WRT1900AC - 5Ghz Not Enabling Reply with quote
GodsRTM wrote:
I had this issue previously in the past, My 5GHz network wouldn't enable and after changing the setting for Channel Width to VHT80 it started working after a reboot. Now, after factory resetting and putting settings back to the way they were (working before the reset) i cannot get my 5Ghz network to enable. Any help would be appreciated.

Some info:
DD-WRT (Build 28628)

Maybe I'm mis-reading, but looks like you are running a version from 2015.. I highly recommend you try one of the 2017 beta builds.

Go to the main DD-WRT home page, click Downloads, then Other Downloads... Then beta, then 2017. Try the latest one.

//Brew
GodsRTM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 19:41    Post subject: Re: WRT1900AC - 5Ghz Not Enabling Reply with quote
Brewder wrote:
GodsRTM wrote:

Some info:
DD-WRT (Build 28628)

Maybe I'm mis-reading, but looks like you are running a version from 2015.. I highly recommend you try one of the 2017 beta builds.

Go to the main DD-WRT home page, click Downloads, then Other Downloads... Then beta, then 2017. Try the latest one.

//Brew

Yeah I was, I just upgraded to the 2017 beta (Build 31924) and I'm still having the issue.
vit5421
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please do not use downloads from ddwrt home page.
Here is the correct link
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas
I will also recommend you to use 149+ channel instead of Auto
GodsRTM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 19:43    Post subject: Re: WRT1900AC - 5Ghz Not Enabling Reply with quote
Brewder wrote:
GodsRTM wrote:

Some info:
DD-WRT (Build 28628)

//Brew

Never mind, it started working after a 2nd reboot. Thanks for letting me know to update Smile
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Or you could just use this link instead. Would suggest using the latest, 5/3/2017. Think Brew was doing a learning thing.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/

--bill

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: