DD-WRT and Nest products - They dont work well natively, if

viper2g1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 22:29    Post subject: DD-WRT and Nest products - They dont work well natively, if Reply with quote
My Nest Protects don't work at all when connected to my DD-WRT router (Netgear Nighthawk r8000). They show disconnected from wi-fi and I am unable to see them in the Nest app.

My Nest Thermostat does show up in the app and I can change temperature and mode but I cannot use any IFTTT recipies (it can't connect properly).

I am using the latest Kong firmware as of this writing. I'd really like to know if anyone has successfully manipulated DD-WRT settings to get these products to work properly. I've been thru forums and tried suggested settings but they don't work for me and most posts are years old.

Here's hoping for new information and a good solution. I'd hate to go back to Netgear firmware and lose the ability to use OpenVPN client on the router itself.

Thanks to any replies.
Sponsor
neerav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nest is connected my R8000 with Kong r32170M (and previous versions) without any issues or special setup/config. Connected with the 5GHz SSID about 30 feet away through a couple walls and a stairwell.

Have you followed Kong's guide to setting up wifi in dd-wrt? Off the top of my head, one of the specifics is to manually choose a channel, not auto. This and many other tips in his guide.

Oh, and don't try to mimic Netgear's Smart Connect in dd-wrt.

TP-Link WR710N ..... Stock (considering DD-WRT)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: