Trying to set up a Client Bridge, can't access wireless node

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
timservo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:08    Post subject: Trying to set up a Client Bridge, can't access wireless node Reply with quote
Info regarding my setup: I'm using a WRT54GL router, running DDWRT v3.0-r31924 std (5/2/17).

I've been following the Client Bridged instructions in the wiki, as well as the video linked within it. Through more difficulty than it should have been, I've been able to do everything except for the last step it seems. Once I get to the point of going to status->wireless and surveying the access points, I see my primary router. I click on it to join, and "successfully connect" when I hit apply, but then when I go back to check the status, the wireless node area at the bottom remains blank. In the video, the guy just does to check to see that it's there like it should be, but doesn't say anything about if it's NOT there like it should be.

I feel like there's something basic and obvious that I've missed, but I've gone through this process multiple times, and have done many hard resets, inevitably getting stuck at this point. I did have to reassign IP addresses using 192.168.0.x, but it seems like I made it over that hurdle. I've looked through the peacock thread and have done some googling, but haven't found the answer yet myself. Hopefully someone smarter than me can help!
Sponsor
nolimitz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:20    Post subject: Re: Trying to set up a Client Bridge, can't access wireless Reply with quote
timservo wrote:
Info regarding my setup: I'm using a WRT54GL router, running DDWRT v3.0-r31924 std (5/2/17).

I've been following the Client Bridged instructions in the wiki, as well as the video linked within it. Through more difficulty than it should have been, I've been able to do everything except for the last step it seems. Once I get to the point of going to status->wireless and surveying the access points, I see my primary router. I click on it to join, and "successfully connect" when I hit apply, but then when I go back to check the status, the wireless node area at the bottom remains blank. In the video, the guy just does to check to see that it's there like it should be, but doesn't say anything about if it's NOT there like it should be.

I feel like there's something basic and obvious that I've missed, but I've gone through this process multiple times, and have done many hard resets, inevitably getting stuck at this point. I did have to reassign IP addresses using 192.168.0.x, but it seems like I made it over that hurdle. I've looked through the peacock thread and have done some googling, but haven't found the answer yet myself. Hopefully someone smarter than me can help!

are you trying to make a wireless client bridge? if yes, follow below wiki article:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridge

no video to follow or network to join, follow simple steps in link above.

build 14929 worked well for me as a repeater bridge/client bridge on older devices, you might want to give that a go if you still have problems.
timservo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those instructions look pretty much identical to the ones on the wiki: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged

I was going to give it a go nonetheless but tried using the firmware that you suggested. However, I must have done something wrong because now I appear to have bricked my router. I'm not sure what I did, as I flashed the firmware the same as I had previously, with the hard resets and all. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by timservo on Sun May 28, 2017 16:20; edited 3 times in total
timservo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, I was able to recover from the brick and tried flashing to 14929 but ended up bricking again. I think I downloaded the right file but maybe not? http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2010/08-12-10-r14929/linksys-wrt54g2v11/wrt54g2v11-firmware.bin

I'm going to try another build for now and see what issues I run into.
timservo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, I used v24-sp2 (13064) 10/10/09 this time around, and the issues are the same as on the other build.

I followed the instructions in the wiki exactly, with the exception of having to change the IP to 192.168.0.X. Once I completed the setup, there was still no wireless connection, and setting the computer back to auto IP didn't allow me to connect back to the router. I had to give it a static IP again, and was able to get in and check my settings.
timservo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump. I'm still stymied, anyone have ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: