Commands to restore ART partition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
frank87109
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 17:34    Post subject: Commands to restore ART partition Reply with quote
Using the "cat /proc/mtd" display my Netgear wndr3700 doesn't show an ART partition, probably related to my trying Openwrt software. Accordingly, there are no wireless tabs in my DD-wrt menus, and the wireless leds are not on.

From the openwrt forums I have the ART binary file, but I need the commands to install it.

The openwrt forum says "place your art partition dump into /tmp, and then: "mtd -r write /tmp/art.backup art"

I know nothing about Unix so I think I need the commands to place the art partition into /tmp (per the above). Do I have to create the ART partiion first?

In summary, please give me all the commands I need to restore the ART partition.

I use Windows and have TFTP, and Telnet. I can log into dd-wrt using telnet.

Thanks
Frank
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
The ART area is not defined as partition in dd-wrt, hence it can not be deleted neither can it be written from within dd-wrt.

Flash back openwrt on the router and repair it there, then flash dd-wrt again if that is what you want to use.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
The ART area is not defined as partition in dd-wrt, hence it can not be deleted neither can it be written from within dd-wrt.

Flash back openwrt on the router and repair it there, then flash dd-wrt again if that is what you want to use.

According to some openwrt forum postings openwrt needs to be patched to allow write access, but dd-wrt does not need a patch. So one poster said he flashed dd-wrt and then restored the ART partition and wifi started working immediately. Unfortunately, he did not post enough specific commands for someone with no Linux knowledge (like me).

Thank you.
Frank
frank87109
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found this post in the DD-WRT forum and it sounds like it would fix my problem.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=164731&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

According to the post the applicable wireless partition can be one of several names (including ART). In my case, I see that it's "board_config", not "ART" as I previously thought.

The post says:

"Use WinSCP to transfer the file via scp to routers /tmp folder.
telnet into the router and issue the cmds:

mtd unlock partionname
mtd write -f /tmp/filename partitionname"

I understand the telnet stuff, but I have no clue what WinSCP is or how to use it to transfer the file to the /tmp folder.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks
Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: