Stuttering airplay over dd-wrt on 1900acV2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
jamus28
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:22    Post subject: Stuttering airplay over dd-wrt on 1900acV2 Reply with quote
I just upgraded from my ancient combo of a netgear R6300 (broken 2.4, running dd-wrt) + cisco e1200 (bridged for 2.4 support) to a wrt1900ac v2.

I stream music from my laptop over the 5ghz channel to a wireless airplay receiver (on the 2.4ghz). It worked mostly flawlessly on my old combination. My short test on the stock linksys firmware worked as well..

But now on dd-wrt 31924, the music stutters every minute or so. I can't seem to figure out what settings to use. See the attached photo. I use HT40hz because thats the best support on my old intel N7260 wifi card.

or should i try a different firmware for stability? Kong? openwrt?

Thanks!
Sponsor
wfiveash
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a similar problem streaming music from iTunes to an Airport Express connected to my stereo. I was sure it was the router but after try several things including rebooting the router what actually solved the audio drop outs was to reboot my laptop. Not sure why that fixed the problem but I have a suspicion that this may be related to occasionally running VirtualBox on my Macbook Pro. Anyway, you may want to reboot your laptop and minimize what is running on it when you test your audio streaming.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
You use channel 5. Use only 1,6 or 11.

The pause may be caused by neighbouring APs located on channel 1-10 which overlap with yours.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
It could also be caused by TCP Congestion control. (Administration>>Management tab) I found that Vegas doesn't work well for me. Westwood works better. I have mine set for Westwood, 32768 ports, 1200 TCP timeouts, and 120 UDP timeouts on my R7000 device. (Broadcom)

See if another TCP congestion setting works better for you.

redhawk

Navigation

Jump to: