Cell Router WAN port to Linksys Internet port issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
thghgv1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:31    Post subject: Cell Router WAN port to Linksys Internet port issues Reply with quote
I have a Linksys wrt1900acsV2 router running latest dd-wrt that will need to VPN all internet traffic to/from the local Linksys wifi and wired nets. I have a Pepwave MAX BR1 (4G cellular modem/router) that I am attempting to run in "bridged mode" (ip passthru) out its WAN port connecting to the Linksys "internet" port. The Pepwave is supposed supply the WAN connection and the Linksys will sit behind it and handle local wired and wireless internet distribution and apply the VPN to all internet traffic. I have yet to be able to get these two to talk to each other via this WAN/INET port connection.

So far I have disabled wifi and dhcp on the BR1 and set it to IP PASSTHRU mode with NAT turned off and IP forwarding turned on. The Linksys has DHCP turned on and I have its WAN connection set to "DHCP(auto)" - there is no Linksys wan IP and no traffic being passed to/from the BR1 and the internet. As a test I connected the two via their onboard ethernet ports and there is routing to the internet but the VPN client (that lives on the Linksys) does not work.

The Pepwave is running on 192.168.50.1 and Linksys is running on 192.168.1.1.

I need to get the (pepwave) WAN to (linksys) Internet port connection to work as that will be the most secure. There's something I'm missing here obvious or not that is preventing this from working somehow...

thanks in advance
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: