Block internet to LAN devices causes no ping from wifi dev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
unique_suresh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 20:21    Post subject: Block internet to LAN devices causes no ping from wifi dev Reply with quote
All,

I am running stable version of DD-WRT(Build : 28628) on WRT1900AC(V1). I have an issue restricting internet for the range of IP's via DD-WRT webUI where it does blocks the internet as expected. But wireless devices cannot ping to internet blocked LAN devices. With in LAN devices can ping each other but wireless cannot ping internet blocked LAN devices.

Example :

LAN Devices granted internet access : L1 & L2
LAN Devices Blocked internet access : L3 & L4 (Blocked internet using Restrictions->Access Policy by IP range)
WIFI Device : W1

Now L1/L2 Can ping L3 & L4 and vice-versa. W1 CANNOT ping L3/L4 but W1 can ping L1 & L2.

W1 <== Ping OK ==> L1/L2
W1 <== Ping FAIL ==> L3/L4
L1/L2 <== Ping OK ==> L3/L4

Wireless AP isolation is disabled so that it can see local devices.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Last edited by unique_suresh on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:48; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
unique_suresh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 20:37    Post subject: Still issue persist ... Anybody ??? Reply with quote
I upgraded to 07-08-2017-r32597. But still I have the same issue. I was expected very much that recent version would fix this issue unfortunately its not.

Any suggestion ?
unique_suresh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 18:16    Post subject: Moving to "Advance Networking" ? Reply with quote
Since so many people(200+) reviewed this question but still I didn't get any suggestion.

So is this wrong place to post this question. Should I move this post to "Advance Networking" if so does anyone know how to move this post from here to "Advance Networking" ?
zakaron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
If your wireless radio interfaces are bridged with your LAN interface, then I'd expect this to work as you describe. However, if you have your wireless set up on a different network segment than your LAN, you may need to add a firewall rule to allow ICMP traffic through between the 2 networks.
unique_suresh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
zakaron wrote:
If your wireless radio interfaces are bridged with your LAN interface, then I'd expect this to work as you describe. However, if you have your wireless set up on a different network segment than your LAN, you may need to add a firewall rule to allow ICMP traffic through between the 2 networks.

The bridge is configured as

br0 = eth0 + ath0 + ath1

Where
eth0 is LAN
ath0 & ath1 are wireless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: