Dropping Wifi & Some items not seeing 5 GHz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
thorrrr
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:19    Post subject: Dropping Wifi & Some items not seeing 5 GHz Reply with quote
Hi Guys
Not been on here for several years as, to be honest, my router was fine until the last few months moving house and changed a few settings due to the layout of the house.
Current build
Linksys E4200
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/07/12) big - build 18946M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko

Please, be gentle with me as I feel like a newbie again.

So I have now got cellars and this is where the telephone comes in. So I have the provider's router setup for the WAN through a switch and it runs with no issue. But on the next floor up ground floor, i have my E4200 running in wireless mode only.See settings [url]https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ao6WCX2miTCJhqwO6kZTDfNiJjvlYQ[/url]

My two issues are
1. My IOS devices & Windows 10 Pc and Laptop can see the 5 GHz connections and use them with no issue. But my Amazon products never see them when scanning that is Firesticks Echos never find them. Even the Alexa app never sees the
5GHz connection????

2. I seem to get several random drops in connection on wireless throughout the days on my laptop and some of my wireless pcs but they reconnect up 5 minutes later?

If you need any more info or images please ask. Also, would I gain any benefit from upgrading firmware? I do not want to really do it but if i see big gains i would.
Cheers Thorrrr [/img]

Wireless Setup.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  214.84 KB
 Viewed:  1253 Time(s)

Wireless Setup.jpg

Wireless Setup.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  214.84 KB
 Viewed:  1253 Time(s)

Wireless Setup.jpg

Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: