Boost Guest Wifi login page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
lbellefeuille
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 17:12    Post subject: Boost Guest Wifi login page Reply with quote
Hello everyone.
At the camping site that i go, there is a Wifi Guest logon page which is a basic disclamer page with a check box to agree to the site term and a connexion button, no username or password. The problem is that where i am located the signal is weak and i would like to use a router (with the proper hardware) to boost that signal.
I think that the best way would be for the rooter to just "transport" the web page to the client connecting to my rooter and i was wandering if the "repeater" mode is the right setup for this ? I have seen many articles on this great site for some kind of auto-login page but since there is no username/password, i am not sure that would be the right thing to do.
Any help or comment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsor
Luniz2k1
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since the SSID is not protected with a password then you should be able to set your router up as a repeater. The 1st client on your router trying to get out should be prompted with the disclaimer page and once submitted from that client all of the other clients should get right out without being prompted with the disclaimer page.

Got OpenDNS?
lbellefeuille
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for this information. I should be able to test this in a couple a days and i will keep you informed. Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: